Leidos CIO Service’s Enterprise Infrastructure team is seeking a Senior Automation Solutions Engineer to join our Hosting Services team. We are looking for an Engineer with deep enterprise-level experience architecting, designing, and documenting an overall Intelligent Automation strategy for the business. This individual will collaborate across Hosting Services and our business customers to analyze and understand individual business processes and lead efforts to develop automations to reduce manual processes, improve quality, and help our business partners increase velocity.
- Bring together agile software development methodologies and best practice, IT operations workflows, business processes, and good security practices with a modern toolset to help develop, integrate, and maintain infrastructure as code (IaC) and configuration as code (CaC) using a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) automation life cycle.
- Promote and help create automated testing, transparency in code, and secure coding practices to ensure the reliability, dependability, and compliance of scripted and automated solutions deployed into production environments.
- Focus on identifying, assessing, and developing solutions to address IT business and mission use cases across a variety of vendor and in-house solutions to maximize task automation through scripting.
- Test and improve Least Privilege and Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) and information security (INFOSEC) efforts.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of experience related to systems and automation engineering. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Prior experience must include: Business Process Automation, Configuration Management, Software Development, and DevOps.
- Must possess the ability to work well in a distributed team agile environment.
- In-depth technical knowledge of cloud and on-premises systems architecture, operating platforms, and automation tools.
- Highly ethical, trustworthy and reliable.
- Able to utilize our ServiceNow system to adhere to rigid ITIL based change and release control processes and procedures are critical.
- Should also be able to demonstrate superior analytical and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to offer high levels of service to our customers, staff and management.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance.
- Prior experience with cloud automation with AWS and Azure.
- Proficient, collaborative, demonstrable experience in automating manual processes across a variety of applications
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and business processes.
- RESTful development and CI/CD
- Project Management with Agile
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.