At Leidos, we embrace and solve some of the world’s toughest challenges. We help manage flights for 2.5 million passengers every day. We monitor U.S. ports with 1200 radiation portals.
We enhance healthcare for 10 million service members and their families. We operate the world’s longest supply chain to Antarctica. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
Leidos is seeking a Director of Estimating System Compliance to be located in our Reston, VA office. In this role, you will have overall responsibility for the design, maintenance and implementation of Leidos' Estimating System. You will oversee estimating and pricing policy development and execution, including design and monitoring of controls related to federal estimating system requirements. You will also collaborate with estimating system stakeholders to resolve any process and compliance issues. This position reports to the Vice President for Corporate Pricing.
- Manage a team of compliance managers and a pricing tools administrator
- Provide corporate oversight and direction related to estimating system requirements and estimating/pricing policy at Leidos
- Provide support and functional guidance for ensuring estimating system compliance, including problem identification and resolution, continuous process improvements related to estimating, pricing, and proposal development activities; and resolution of cross functional issues pertaining to estimating, pricing, and cost proposal development
- Review and aid in the development and implementation of estimating related policy, procedures, and training implemented by Groups to ensure consistency with corporate guidance
- Act as the point of contact with DCMA/DCAA related to Estimating System compliance issues and proposal and pricing related audit activities including Post Award audits
- Monitor government procurement regulations for impacts to Leidos’ estimating system
- Administer forward pricing rates ensuring that they are current and accessible for proposal pricing actions
- Ensure communications are maintained within the Leidos estimating community through periodic forums, Prism, and other media as appropriate
- Oversee the maintenance of the Corporate Pricing home page on Leidos intranet and pricing content on the pricing SharePoint site
- Ensure the suite of pricing tools are kept current and accessible, including ProPricer, the functional organization’s opportunity management tool, direct labor rate analysis tool, and others
- Serve as liaison to Government Compliance, Contracts, Subcontracts, Procurement, Program Execution Office, Business Development, Finance, Project Control, Accounts Receivable, Human Resources, Legal and Internal Audit departments for enterprise related matters
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field and 12+ years of experience dealing with a wide variety of estimating and proposal pricing activities, including cost development and pricing of federal government and commercial contracts.
- Able to work across all levels of functional leadership as well as with staff responsible for the day-to-day execution of the business.
- Must possess strong and proven analytical, verbal and written communication, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Must be fully versed in FAR and DFARS including aspects of estimating system requirements, requirements for submission of cost or pricing data under Truthful Cost or Pricing Data law and cost accounting standards (CAS) principles and procedures for determining allowability, allocability and reasonableness of costs.
- Must also be familiar with DCAA estimating system, proposal, forward pricing and other related audit procedures.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance.
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience in establishing and maintaining an estimating or pricing function in a federally regulated business.
- Experience in developing and implementing policy and guidance.
- Experience of providing direct support to a contractor estimating system audit.
- Working knowledge of ProPricer.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.