A Senior System Administrator has the thorough knowledge to create plans to assure effective management, operations, and maintenance of systems and/or networks. Manages teams of system admins and is able to prioritize work and identify high risk critical problems and dedicate appropriate resources. Has extensive knowledge of a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems.
Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 infrastructure administration for an enterprise environment with locations in various parts of the country. This support can occur on any of the three shifts to provide 24x7x365 (except for Federal holidays where support will be provided on a call back basis) for the current ECO-ECC(AppDynamics, Service Now and Solar Winds)
- Provide Senior level (advanced) system administration and troubleshooting efforts when contacted by the National Service Desk (NSD) to ensure outages or incidents have been identified and are pending resolution within 24.
- Overall Mission: Provide operational support for applications utilizing ECO-ECC
(AppDynamics, Service Now and Solar Winds)
- Provide operational support for application migrations, go lives, and maintenance
- Update tickets and maintain problem/resolution reports for issues addressed
- Attend internal and customer facing meetings
- Bachelors’ Degree with 5 years of applicable experience or 13 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance.
- Required operational experience with AppDynamics, Service Now and Solar Winds.
- Required operational experience with ingesting data into Splunk via Universal Forwarder, HTTP Event Collector (HEC), Syslog, and/or API calls in Splunk.
- Required operational experience creating searches that are visualized in a dashboard in Splunk.
- Experience creating and implementing Regular Expressions.
- Experience with RBAC principles and data segregation.
- Experience managing tasks (incident, change, release) within an IT Service Management Tool such as ServiceNow.
- Desired experience within Splunk IT Service Intelligence.
- Proactively detects, reports, logs, and responds to all network performance and availability problems in each part of the infrastructure.
- Proactively detects and sends alerts based on network thresholds.
- Support multiple monitoring tool integrations into the SNow platform. This would entail developing customized scripts that would trigger actions on the Event Management side and for various Resolver groups for action. Proactively detects, reports, logs, and responds to all network performance and availability problems in each part of the infrastructure.
- Detect change of state conditions that have significance for management of
- Configuration Items (CIs) and IT services.
- Participate in all Major Incident Management and Root Cause Analysis calls,
- follow-up, track and records actions/status until service resolution.
- Coordinates, collaborates, and engages Network Operations teams for problem
- identification, resolution, and reporting.
- Required operational experience with Service Now and Solar Winds.
- Ensure all events are communicated IAW SOP and/or takes further corrective
- action with the product owner.
- Ensures active communication of problem resolution activities with business customers and OIT leadership IAW SOP.
- Ability to work with customers of various technical abilities.
- Understand and utilize de-escalation techniques when working with difficult customers.
- Work independently and receive minimal guidance on work assignments
- Comfortable moving from one project or issue to another rapidly and without notice.
- Extensive server hardware troubleshooting knowledge and experience.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate in 2012 and 2016. MCSE preferred.
- Extensive PowerShell
- VMWare, vSphere Web Client,
- Performance Monitor & Computer Management Console
- Remote Desktop, RDCM
- SCCM, AD, DNS
- Service Now
- 2+ years JAVA experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.