Leidos has a need for a motivated Senior Automation Tester to provide hands on expertise using the latest open source products and best practices. The candidate will be collocated with the SSA government employees and subcontractors at a government facility in Baltimore, Maryland. The candidate must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust.
Specifically the successful candidate will be a member of an Agile Team working with other Agile teams, System Architects, Test Architects, Developers, Database Engineers, DevOps, Implementation team, IT Infrastructure & Operations Team and External System Owners to perform test automation for applications using open source technologies and products.
Candidate's primary responsibility will be to support advanced Test Automation working with Selenium, Behavior Driven Development (BDD) Cucumber framework in Java/Agile Environment.
- Expertise in using Selenium tool for web application and automating regression test cases (Selenium WebDriver).
- Comprehensive knowledge of Scrum and Kanban Agile development process and ceremonies including scrums, planning events, backlog grooming, retrospectives and demos.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills in providing technical direction and hands-on software development to include design, development and testing.
- Strong experience developing test scripts to implement Features, Test Scenarios and Step-Definition for BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber (Gherkins format) using customized test automation framework
- Experience developing Selenium automation framework using Junit/TestNG frameworks and developing Maven targets to execute automation suites.
- Experience with automation technologies such as Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Cruise Control, Maven, Junit benchmark.
- Proficiency in using Selenium tool for web application and automating regression test cases (Selenium WebDriver\GRID).
- Experience with Jenkins Auto jobs, Stash / Bitbucket
- Experience in configuring execution of automated regressions suite using Jenkins CI\CD pipeline.
- Experience maintaining resources in configuration management tools, such as GitHub/SVN repository.
- Experience with Version One management tool
- Automation test results debugging.
Day to Day Duties
- Attend daily scrum calls and provide status
- Collaborate with Product Owners, developers, testers, DBAs, etc. to review requirements, assess level of effort, and write automation test scripts.
- Develop Selenium scripts and unit test software modules/functionality.
- Peer review automation team members code for quality and standards.
- Demonstrate completed functionality and assist other testers/Product Owners with approaches to validate features and refine test cases.
- Attend feature meetings with Agile team members to understand and refine business features.
- BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.