Are you interested in improving and shaping the delivery of IT projects? Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago. We’re seeking a Senior Project Manager who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in running large information technology projects in various customer businesses areas at an Investor Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to lead large, complex IT projects. The successful candidate will bring significant experience to plan, coordinate and manage all functions and activities necessary to execute the project to meet the customer requirements.
This position is responsible for planning, coordinating, monitoring, and implementing complex large scale IT projects (e.g. tasks > 500) to meet organizational goals. Selected candidate will oversee and provide guidance to the personnel responsible for the organizations portfolio of projects. He/she will maintain the efficiency of important aspects of the project management process such as planning, budget, and risk assessment. The ideal candidate is required to have excellent project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision to implementation involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors.
Location: Looking for someone in the New Orleans, LA, Little Rock, AR or The Woodlands, TX area. Role is currently remote, however once COVID restrictions loosen candidate may be expected to report to the office/client site.
Primary Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide strong, proactive and assertive leadership skills that engage multidiscipline work teams to respond to business needs for assigned projects
- Makes decisions at the project team level and properly escalate those decisions that cannot be resolved on a timely basis
- Lead project team members such as executives, line of business subject matter experts, controllers and schedulers through the lifecycle of a project
- Manage project teams that typically includes multiple vendors with onshore and offshore resources
- Project Planning
- Create project management plans, set expectations, execute governance reviews and ensure the project plans are driven by organizational procedures
- Integrates all elements of the plan so that interrelationships are known, accounted for and taken advantage of
- Work with respective groups to secure and manage resource availability across the project team, including business resources
- Scope Management
- Coordinates with cross-functional project stakeholders to develop project scope, objectives, goals, and deliverables
- Ensures that requirements are gathered, documented, reviewed and approved per organizational/PMO standards
- Ensures projects are delivered on-time, on budget, and remain in scope. Monitors and tracks project dependencies
- Schedule Development and Management
- Work with assigned scheduler to create a work breakdown structure that defines all activities required for the project deliverables
- Budget Development and Cost Management
- Manage project budget, maintain financial plan, track actuals vs. plan, provide monthly forecasts, report monthly accruals
- Issue and Risk Management
- Identify record and evaluate business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for project control improvement.
- Ensures stakeholders are key contributors to the Issues and Risk Management process
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Interfaces with team members and stakeholders to anticipate and manage changes to the project, such as but not limited to, technical requirements, business requirements and schedule
- Build strong relationships with project stakeholders by demonstrating understanding of both business and IT components make the project successful
- Communications Management
- Establish and provide high-quality, informative written and verbal project communications, including weekly status, dashboards and project updates
- Able to negotiate different viewpoints between stakeholders and suppliers, working toward solutions that are in the best interest of our client
- Quality Management
- Actively monitor, track and manage project tasks, timelines, attainment of established milestones and overall quality of project activities and deliverables
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of Project Management experience managing IT application projects
- Solid understanding of Project Management and Project Management Office
- Demonstrated experience building and driving people and culture programs from the ground up
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, partnerships and external networks
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Excellent researching, decision-making and organizational skills are required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project or similar project management tool
- Work independently and follows through on assignments with minimal direction while keeping the team informed
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to data protection and other guidelines where appropriate
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Active PMP certification
- Primavera P6 certification desirable
- Domain knowledge in electric utility business is preferable
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.