Leidos is seeking a Business Development Manager to assist in pursuing profitable growth within the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Agency. This position will report directly to the Business Development & Strategy (BD&S) Director for the Transportation and Border Security Services (TBSS) Division in the Homeland Security Solutions Operation.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for leadership of growing Leidos’ business within the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) market. The BD Manager must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals.
This individual will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal customer engagement plans, and monitor competitor activity for each capture. Candidates at this level will work with capture to develop the overall win strategy, become the voice of the customer for clear understanding of their requirements as well as challenges, and perform the associated marketing activities for growth opportunities across the Agency. They will develop, organize and execute significant customer activities, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing CBP customers,
The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to collaborate and gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Partners with the TBSS Business Development & Strategy Director to support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth.
- Identifies, develops, and implements near-term and long-term business strategies that provide an opportunity to grow revenue.
- May have other business development activities, such as provide recommendations for investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities and sustainability to determine if such activities are in line with the organization's overall strategy and vision.
- Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share, and help develop recommendations for mitigating any potential advantages.
- Participates in business planning activities, to include biweekly pipeline reviews, bid agenda development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Monitors the pipeline, recommends BD priorities and resource allocation
- Establishes and measures progress with the Operations’ priorities and annual operating plan targets for qualified pipeline growth, win rates, submits and awards.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the Operations’ strategy based on market research and corporate direction.
- Coordinates with Leidos organizations who perform emerging technologies in other markets. Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Develops and supports strategic partnerships with industry leaders, driving innovation and new business opportunities.
- Represents Leidos in the industry through participation in industry-related organizations, conferences and panels.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8+ years of professional experience in this or similar markets
- DHS mission knowledge with at least 5 years of experience supporting US Customs and Border Protection
- 5+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or programs
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
- Travel as required 10% -20% per month
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- CBP Full Background Investigation and/or other DHS or DoD clearances are preferable,
- Experience working with CBP in Program Management, Business Development, or Consulting Services for the management or implementation of technical solutions and/or, field implementations across CBP multiple Operational areas
- Experience with Government/DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Experience related to other non-IT solutions, including sensor, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) missions for Land/Sea/Air Border applications is preferred
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.