Senior Technical Business Process/Configuration Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to use your Process Engineering Knowledge along with best practices to support an IC customer. The Business Process Engineer will develop, implement, and audit the configuration management process and associated documentation to ensure the process policies are followed. The Business Process Engineer is responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of the network configurations and documentation of the operational systems. The candidate would need to have some network administration knowledge to ensure the network configurations match the design and documentation.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Provide input into the development of the processes and policy
- Manage the network baseline configuration
- Responsible for the configuration management of development and operational system
- Work with engineering teams to create and maintain configuration baselines to support all mission networks.
- This will help to baseline all networks to include external partner interfaces
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a Configuration Management plan, Configuration Management and Document Management procedures.
- Provide configuration status reporting and/or metrics
- Adhere to best practices and comply with government standards
- Translate Business Processes into Workflow Processes for each document type
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on the area / project team and deliverable
- Education: BS in Computer Science, Network Engineering, Systems Engineering or related technical discipline and 8+ years’ experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience with configuration management skills to implementing best standards and practices
- Experience with business process mapping and engineering to capture current PM and governance processes
- Familiar with Network administration specifically modern IP Networks
- Familiar with System Administration
- Familiarity with metadata
- Knowledge of data engineering and metadata definition/structure
- Willing to learn automation information management systems serving as the customer configuration management database
- Experience with workflow management tools
- Experience with at least one of the following scripting languages:VB.NET, C#, Visual Basic, VBScript, and C++
- Ability to research processes and make recommendations based on those findings
- Must be proficient in M/S Word, Visio and Excel
- Familiar with System administration
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies
- Demonstrated experience implementing network version control processes and procedures
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.