The Systems Analyst (SA) identifies the functional requirements, and then documents/designs the IT solution to integrate the desired feature(s). The SA’s designs provide new capabilities, or are used as the basis for modifying existing capabilities due to changes in customer requirements or changes in policies / regulations. The designs form the basis for creating the system’s User Interface (UI), the system’s technical requirements and the overall operation of the system. The SA works closely with the client team, including managers and software developers, during both the design and implementation phase. Once the technical team has provided the new feature, as outlined in the business requirement document, the SA is responsible for reviewing / testing the feature for compliance with the overall requirement that were specified.
Ultimately, the SA should be able to translate our internal and external clients’ needs into new high quality IT systems .The position requires strong business skills and is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, testing, and functionally debugging application systems. The candidate will consult with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program requirements and objectives.
The position requires experience in software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies. The candidate must have a working knowledge of relational databases, as well as web and enterprise application concepts and must be able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish design goals.
The candidate is part of a software development group that is responsible for providing logistics systems to the military services and defense agencies of the Department of Defense (DoD).
• Provides design expertise and recommendations in assessing new software processes and initiatives to support and enhance existing Microsoft-based systems.
• Learns and understands the system functionally and possesses a technical understanding of the design.
• Assists in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development processes.
• Identifies system changes that will yield improved efficiencies of business processes
• Investigates and resolves application functionality-related issues and provides first-level support and troubleshooting of our DPAS modules.
• Troubleshoots issues and identifies modifications needed in existing application processes to meet changing user requirements.
• Analyzes system data and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and solutions.
• Provides assistance and training to business users in the effective use of the applications and information technology.
• Writes technical procedures and documentation for the application including operations, user guide, etc.
• Produces technical documentation for new and existing application components.
• Participates in meetings with the development team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and reports progress on a daily basis.
• Serves as a liaison and facilitator between all business stakeholders and the development team.
• BS degree and minimum of 2 years of Information Technology or Business Related experience within the knowledge areas. Four years of equivalent experience can be substituted for the degree.
• Extensive knowledge of SDLC concepts, including enterprise software applications.
• Good background in database design in Microsoft SQL Server.
• Experience in web application design.
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Visio©, Word©, Excel©, PowerPoint©
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
• Ability to communicate with others to include stakeholders, developers and other systems analysts
• Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
• Experience with SQL Query Language
• Department of Defense Logistics Supply Policy (MILSTRIP/MILSTAP/DLMS)
• Department of Defense Property Accountability Policy (DoD 5000.64)
• Supply Chain Management
• Warehouse Management / Systems
• Asset Management and Accountability systems
• Maintenance Management
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $75,000.00 - $101,250.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.