Leidos is seeking a Data Engineer for our customer site in Suitland, MD. This position requires an active TS/SCI. Understand and improve the judgement and decision making of individual groups and organizations. Apply Principles and psychology to business analytic and other decision making processes to improve and/or empirically evaluate those processes.
- Research opportunities for data acquisition of existing and new data feeds and types.
- Design, construct, install test data management system.
- Integrate data management technology (including cloud-based technologies).
- Develop and maintain any data set processes for data modeling as required.
- Employ Scripting Languages.
- Contribute to design of new product features.
- Accompany Government personnel to conferences, Technical Exchange Meetings, (TEMs) as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative or technical field of study, such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, physical science or Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Three years of practical work experience integrating data mining conditioning, and analysis that includes the use of one or more of the following data analysis software such as Spark, Scala, Hive, and Hadoop.
- Three years practical experience or similar in one of the following computer programming languages such as C++, Java, Shell, Perl, and Python.
- Three years of practical work experience building data stream processing.
- One year practical work experience with geospatial data and/or imagery data.
- Two years’ experience writing technical products, reports and briefs.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated presentation skills, including but not limited to presenting at professional/academic conferences.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance is required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.