Leidos is seeking a C++ Software Engineer to support the development and integration of Autonomous Underwater Vehicle programs that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across multiple Department of Defense agencies. The Software Engineer position is located in either the Lynnwood or Poulsbo, WA office with the potential to work remotely.
- The software engineer will develop software for maritime autonomous programs in the following areas:
- Design, implementation and debugging of autonomous applications in C++
- Software design and development using VisualCode, Eclipse, Qt Creator and other IDE’s on a Linux operating system.
- Working knowledge of multiple operating systems (Ubuntu, Red Hat, etc.).
- Implement various design patterns such as MVC, SOA, publish-subscribe and state machines using open standards, services and interfaces.
- Developing device drivers that implement serial and TCP/IP interfaces for controllers, actuators and sensors.
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools, to include: Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Awareness of Configuration Management principles
- Experience with version control system such as Git and/or SVN.
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Experience with Leidos processes and policies, or equivalent experience in other corporations
- Specific experience in the design, development, integration, and test of autonomous or remotely operated undersea vehicle systems
- Experience with MBSE Systems Modeling Language (SysML) tools such as Cameo Magic Draw
- Experience with ROS
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.