Leidos is seeking a SME Applications Automation Engineer to support a federal customer within the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Security Operations Center (SOC).
This Applications Automation Engineer-SME will bolster the capabilities of a specialized team of Engineers supporting boutique projects for the FEMA Security Operations Center. The team performs new platform and capability assessments, enterprise security assessments, builds out new solutions, and transitions them to the Engineering team while providing support for existing platforms as required. The engineer selected for this position will primarily be identifying and implementing Python automations to streamline operations for the Security Operations Center. The developer should have deep knowledge of enterprise scale security architecture and operations to best identify and prioritize automation and integration efforts for the FEMA Security Operations Center.
- Find innovative ways to streamline overall Security operations, investigative and incident response tasks
- Ability to collect customer requirements, design, and automate security controls, data collection, and other processes to enhance operational support and metrics
- Aid in the integration of monitoring solutions for cloud systems and vendors
- Quickly adapt to various APIs to support automation needs for SOC engineers and security analyst
- Leverage python to build, orchestrate, and automate playbooks and integrate with security tools/applications
- Build automation tooling that enable protected systems to be deployed across a variety of environments, including public/private cloud, virtual machines, or bare metal servers
- Solve challenging problems involving system and environment internals, to provide solutions that are simple to use, but can be customized to meet customer needs
- Collaborating directly as a SME with stakeholders related to build releases and ensure builds provide a consistent core foundation for hosting government and commercial applications
- Coordinate directly with senior customer Leadership on recommendations, planning, and paths forward for cloud automation and transitioning
- Collaborate with the engineer team to design and develop automation to standardize and secure cloud services
- Supporting technologies and products, including AWS, Microsoft Azure, RedHat Linux, Satellite, Git, GitOps, Python
- Integrate directly with a team of SOC Security Engineers to develop customized solutions to customer challenges
- Top Secret clearance
- Must have at least 8 years of progressive technical experience that demonstrates relevant skills in automation and orchestration in the cyber security space
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline. Additional applicable military or relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Must have hands-on experience with Cloud technologies and service providers such as AWS and Azure
- Can apply security first principles to solve complex technical challenges
- Python programming and other scripting languages critical to this position’s success
- Experience with automation development
- Cybersecurity-related advanced certification considered a must
- Security Operations experience considered a must
- Must be able to work independently and within a team environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.