Leidos is seeking an Integration & Test Engineer who will be a lead member of a dynamic team who will be working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s Enterprise-Information Display System (E-IDS) which will replace the legacy IDSs with an enterprise system providing a single NAS baseline with a single logistics pipeline, reduced training needs, and national configuration management, leading to long-term operations and maintenance cost savings. There are five IDS currently in use at just over 450 Air Traffic Control (ATC) facilities with approximately 5,000 IDS-equipped operating positions. There are additional locations where IDS equipment is installed for remote communications, which will also be replaced. E-IDS will allow users to work efficiently by providing timely display and correlation of relevant operational information (e.g. maps, weather, and aeronautical features) simultaneously on an integrated geospatial display. E-IDS will provide each user access to enterprise-level information coupled with efficient, consistent, easy-to-use filtering, sorting and searching capabilities and quick reference information.
Working both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will:
• Have the primary responsibility of systems and SW integration in support of execution of Development Test (DT) Formal Test on the E-IDS program.
• Integrate complex systems with minimal oversight.
• Interface with E-IDS SW and SE teams as well as ILE team in support of installation and integration efforts.
• Interface with the FAA customer to address/answer questions relating to your assigned test area.
• Develop and maintain test approach and procedures for use in Formal Test.
• Analyze identified issues in conjunction with System Engineering and Software in regards to developing solutions.
• Support test and requirement verification & validation.
• Bachelor’s degrees from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8+ years of professional experience.
• Systems Engineering experience, including proven experience working in complex projects gathering user requirements and converting them into system requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience:
- working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
- interfacing with other functional areas (e.g. Software, Hardware)
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Technical leadership experience with strong organization and time management.
• Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer mission.
• Prior experience in a technical leadership role that requires significant coordination across multiple functional areas.
• Must be able to support travel .
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Familiarity with requirement decomposition to develop A-Level test approach and procedures. • Familiarity with the Atlassian Tool Suite and JIRA.
• Experience conducting formal testing with customer.
• Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs FAA.
Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies.”
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.