Leidos is seeking a Cyber Security SOC Analyst Tier I
- SOC TIER I ANALYST DAILY ACTIVITIES:
- Active participant in 24x7 operations of the NOAA SOC and Commerce ESOC. This includes proactively monitoring and providing near-real-time cyber security status and reports to enable timely decision-making for 24/7 operations.
- Operate with direction to investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs as well as NOAA and Commerce procedures.
- Perform investigative functions involving strong network engineering or Security+-type skills (note: Security+ is not required but is very helpful cert)
- Participate regularly in SOC working group sessions, to include idea generation for new content rules for security alerting and technology implementations/advancement. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies
- Follow documented procedures yet have an eye towards process improvement/effectivity
- FEATURES OF THE CANDIDATE/JOB:
- Inquisitive, problem-solving oriented
- 24x7 operations (so 8 or 12 hour rotating shift schedule) so able to support day + night shift, holidays, weekends, etc.
- Must be US Citizen.
- Clearance Requirements: Fully adjudicated Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD/Top Secret Clearance.
- Tier 1: 1-3 years of experience with cyber operations.
- Basic understanding of cyber landscape + typical threat vectors.
- Typically requires BS degree and 1 year of prior relevant experience.
- Desired Qualifications:
- Security or relevant IT technology certification
- Desired Qualifications: CEH, Security+ or relevant IT technology certification
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.