Leidos is seeking a Sr. Java Developer for Baltimore location. The Java Developer shall have experience in developing and maintaining the high-performing Java applications. Has prime accountability for detailed and robust design, code, test, and implement proposed systems. Ability to develop technical solutions, and document the solution architecture and design using standard design tools.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Analyze requirements.
- Attend weekly customer status meetings and provide status.
- Participate in database design and project design meetings.
- Design and develop Micro Services to decompose code base into smaller independent applications using Spring Boot.
- Secure applications using Spring Secuity JWT/OAuth 2.0 and JEE security patterns as needed by the project.
- Design automated tests using jUnit, jMock, Cucumber and Rest Assured.
- Design and develop back-end software applications (“apps”) using EJB 3.1, JPA 2, which serves others apps through web-service and also hosts an automated processing daemon.
- Peer review team members code for quality and standards.
- Demonstrate completed functionality and assist testers with approaches to validate features and refine test cases.
- Create technical documentation
- Assist with Cloud deployment.
- Supporting the project in integration and production environments and providing quick solutions and fixes for issues in production environments.
- Strong experience in Java/J2EE, Spring MVC & Spring Boot
- Strong experience in securing applications using Spring Security JWT/OAuth 2.0 and JEE security patterns
- Develop applications using Java/Spring Boot and design and develop database components using PostgreSQL DB or Oracle as needed for application.
- Experience identifying requirements, researching options, designing and implementing solutions at a leadership level on project work
- Git, BitBucket, Maven, Jenkins automation
- Understand and leverage common Java/J2EE architectural styles and patterns (SOA, Microservice, Layered, Clean, Event Sourcing etc.)
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, TestDriven Design/Development, Java performance analysis, continuous integration)
- Experience using Springfox Swagger library to generate API documentation.
- Strong understanding of OOPS, Twelve Factor Application Design principles, architecture styles and APIs (Web API/Rest API)
- Experience architecting and deploying cloud-native applications onto Amazon Web Services(AWS) or similar
- Design and development experience of Java batch jobs and queues using JSR 352 and Spring Batch.
- Design and development of back-end software applications using EJB 3.1, JPA 2
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies; Spring Framework, Spring 4, Swagger, Sonar Qube, Maven, BitBucket, WebSphere 8.5, Spring Data JPA, Spring Data JDBC, ehCache, DB2, REST, jSon, jUnit, jMock, Cucumber, Rest Assured, Log Back, Confluence, Splunk, Jira.
- Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology.
- Experience with Linux environments.
- Participate in daily scrum and provide updates.
- Excellent communication and written skills
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.