The Test and Evaluation (T&E) Group currently has openings for a Senior Test Engineer to support the electronic military health record. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to help the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM®) Program. In this role, you will join a matrix test team of Leidos and contractor personnel in support of the DOD military health system MHS GENESIS. MHS GENESIS provides both Cerner Millennium clinical software and Henry Schein One Dentrix Enterprise dental software solutions at military treatment facilities.
The ideal candidate for this role will use their previous experience in analyzing system requirements and capability acceptance criteria. The focus may be on configuration of Electronic Health Record (EHR) for hospitals and clinics as well as new IP. This candidate must be a self-starter, responsible, and be able to adjust to different assignments to support DHMSM testing during LPDH test events. The candidate will also be expected to dove-tail work with the fellow team members, the LPDH Engineering Testing group that supports DHMSM test efforts, and the customer DT&E team members when needed. You need to be comfortable with virtual or physical “over-the-shoulder” demonstrations to the government testers and other stakeholders. The following list provides the basics of the primary responsibilities:
- Represent the T&E group at design sessions.
- Follow established standards and procedures to estimate and create test cases to satisfy requirements.
- Trace requirements to the test cases.
- Review customer comments and apply edits to the test cases.
- Lead other testers or represent multiple projects under the same PIE umbrella.
- Follow test case steps to execute test cases in dry-runs, environment verification, and other internal testing in non-production environments.
- Support test events by executing the assigned test cases and creating detailed annotated test evidence files for redaction and safe keeping while the customer may be witnessing the test event remotely or physically next to you.
- Prepare testing status input for gate reviews (e.g., Test Readiness Review).
- Master MHS GENESIS to play multiple roles as needed to support the test and evaluation group.
- Provide input to the test reports after a test event occurs.
- Other duties to support the DHMSM programs as identified by the test lead or test manager.
- BS Degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- US Citizen. Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance. Contract requirement.
- Functional GUI and limited back-end testing background as well as interface testing
- Understanding of testing methodology
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Customer oriented to support IV&V activities
- Word, PowerPoint, and Excel experience or equivalent
- Enthusiastic individual
- Self-starter; demonstrated ability to work alone and with team members remotely
- Ability to be the functional lead for several test events and projects and help other testers meet deadlines.
- IBM Jazz test repository tool experience including RQM or equivalent (JIRA, TFS, etc.)
- Existing Public Trust
- Demonstrated capability to lead others through a test event, providing leadership required status, metrics, and status.
- Clinical testing background, direct or related clinical experience, or prior experience with Military Health System (MHS) applications/environments or interfaces.
- Experience in Rhapsody, XML, and/or JSON
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.