The Leidos NISC IV program has an opening for a Software Engineer to join our team in Washington, DC and support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
The ideal candidate must be able to handle multiple mission critical IT projects from new development to sustainment. The candidate must have hands-on experience developing large and complex IT projects while ensuring a quality outcome. This position is responsible for the architecture of IT solutions that includes complex systems for the federal government. The candidate must have experience designing and implementing .NET, Model View Controller (MVC) framework, Oracle/MSSQL solutions.
The candidate must have experience developing technical planning, rough order of magnitude (ROM), Context Diagram, Concept Diagrams, Risks, requirements analysis, functional analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation, interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance. The candidate must have experience architecting technical refresh and converting legacy systems into web-based and cloud-based enterprise applications using load balancing technologies.
- Experience with MVC, C#.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Web Services, XHTML and CSS.
- Hands-on expertise with ASP.NET, WWF, WCF using Visual Studio artifacts and designing and development of SOA Services using Restful Services / WCF. • Experience with web services oriented architectures, MS SQL and Microsoft SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services).
- Experience with AJAX Extensions and Toolkit Controls, Knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise Libraries and SQL server.
- Experience creating and updating complex Queries, Tables, Keys, Procedures, Triggers and Functions in SQL Server.
- Experience with Oracle databases, triggers, stored procedures and functions.
- Experience providing rough order of magnitude cost estimates for proposed solutions.
- Experience evaluating current systems for effectiveness, making recommendations regarding the scalability of such systems, and troubleshooting any problems that arise during the use of the system.
- May be involved in a hands-on manner during the acquisition, installation, testing, and implementation phases of the project.
- Experience with full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using waterfall, Agile or a combination of both.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Agile methodology including Scrum and Kanban.
- Understanding of load balancing architecture.
- Experienced with implementing and using configuration management for multienvironment IT applications.
- Experience using SharePoint, JIRA and Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrated ability to engage customers to resolve root cause issues in a positive, non-adversarial manner.
- Great organization skills to prioritize, follow up, deliver, and communicate status of assigned actions.
- Deep analytical skills to understand complex procedural problems, identify root causes, and provide solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or similar area and 8+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience architecting and implementing fault tolerant .NET web-based applications using Cloud platforms. Deep understanding of DevOps engineering framework.
- Experience with SharePoint development, Add-ins, PowerShell Scripts, Bootstrap, CSS, Entity Framework, Quartz, responsive web design, and DevOps.
- Experience with AngularJS and jQuery.
- Experience with Functional Flow Block Diagrams and N2 diagrams.
- Experience with Systems Engineering tools like Vitech CORE, IBM Rational DOORS or Enterprise Architect.
- Familiarity with the Federal Government work environment.
- Familiarity with FAA configuration management and transitioning systems to operations including change control board, Application Data Center (ADC), Enterprise Data Center (EDC) and MKS tickets.
- Experience with the FAA IT security compliance process.
- Familiarity with Team Foundation Server (TFS) and GIT.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture, DOT and NIST Security and Privacy Standards, and Contingency Planning guidelines.
- Skilled in the use of Systems Engineering management tools.
- Knowledge of and experience managing FAA Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN).
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.