The Airborne Sensors and Analytics Division of the Leidos Defense group has a dynamic Configuration Management Specialist opportunity with U.S. Army Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) to provide configuration management and data management for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Ground Control Station Version 4 (UASGCSv4). In this role, the Configuration Management Specialist will support UAS systems that includes software, datalinks, avionics, payloads and a full spectrum of functional engineering activities including integration, testing, and process management. Engineering activities include requirements decomposition, development of engineering Contract Deliverable Requirement List (CDRL), and all associated documentation. You will coordinate activities to accomplish assigned tasks and will be responsible for leadership activities as required. Standard engineering methodologies, processes and tools will be used to accomplish problem solving, solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities. Functional areas including requirements analysis, implementation planning, and subcontractor coordination, integration & test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment will be required. He/she will be required to interface with internal personnel to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve issues.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Works on developmental and operational teams to create and maintain configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) supporting developmental and operational systems.
• Develops overarching configuration management (CM) and data management (DM) policies.
• Implement CM discipline from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
• Creates engineering document trees cataloging baseline system configuration data.
• Develops and transforms low/high-level design artifacts into customer deliverables.
• Assist in implementing hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures. Assist in the use of configuration management tools to store, track, and manage configuration items
• Ensure hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures are followed.
• Participates in the CM process by maintaining controlled and versioned documentation in accordance with the program or project CM plan
• Prepare for, conduct, and/or support major audits such as Physical Configuration Audits (PCAs) and Functional Configuration Audits (FCAs).
• Record and maintain assessment and audit findings, minutes, and action items.
• Maintain data quality, integrity and security of CM database.
• Prepare configuration documentations and maintain Configuration Management (CM) database.
• Convene and manage the Configuration Control Boards (CCBs), Technical Review Boards (TRBs), and record approved changes and results.
• Coordinates and communicates with US Army UAS stakeholders, end users, and internal & external customer and leadership to acquire waivers (if required) in order to meet contractual requirements.
• Coordinates with subcontractors to ensure subcontract deliverables meet specification requirements.
• Configure and administrate Jira Software, Jira Core and/or Jira Service Desk and related add-ons.
• Manage JIRA global settings including users and groups, roles, global permissions and schemes.
• Create JIRA projects, set up project permissions and assign Jira project administrators.
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of related experience; additional experience and certifications maybe considered in lieu of education
• US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
• Experience developing process documentation for managing complex systems and projects.
• Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex problems and develop innovative solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of configuration management activities.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project) and Sharepoint
• Experience with Atlassian Jira, Gitlab or similar collaborative issue tracking tools.
• Experience with Atlassian Confluence, Wiki, or similar collaboration tool administration.
• Experience performing the technical/administrative activities necessary to manage CM tools for inventory control, version control, data duplication, and media labeling.
• Experience performing baseline administrative activities for multiple environments and developing briefings for management.
• Experience with the US Army Universal Ground Control Station (UGCS).
• Familiar with the Scaled Agile Framework.
• Understanding of all phases of the software development life cycle.
• Experience with Git, SVN, Kubernetes or similar tools.
• Experience with Cybersecurity principles and impacts to configuration baselines.
• An active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to maintain.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.