Leidos operates FHWA’s Saxton Transportation Operations Laboratory (STOL), where staff develops emerging technologies to improve transportation safety, mobility, and environmental impacts. Saxton Lab provides a variety of services to support the advancement and deployment of vehicle-to-infrastructure technologies.
Leidos is seeking a Systems Engineer to support the integration of Connected and Automated Driving Systems (CADS), to enable Cooperative Driving Automation (CDA) and, to develop software. The primary responsibility of this role is as a systems engineer in the Saxton Laboratory, will be software integration, technology transfer to industry, and stakeholder support of new technologies for Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).
Location: Full time at FHWA’s Turner Fairbank Highway Research Facility in McLean, VA.
The Systems Engineer will be part of a larger research team that advances Connected and Automated Vehicle (CAV) technologies for FHWA via testing, demonstrating, and providing the technology transfer for new capabilities associated with connected and automated vehicles with a focus on Cooperative Driving Automation (CDA). The Systems Engineer will perform technical work and develop deliverables as needed.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Primary job functions will include:
- Works day to day with tech transfer team to monitor technical support request tickets and responds to all tickets within project-mandated timeframes.
- Works with the Software Development team to keep up with development and integration of the CARMA Automated Driving Platform
- Develops and integrates vehicle-to-infrastructure and vehicle-to-vehicle emerging technologies to enable Cooperative Driving Automation (CDA)
- Stays up to date with product roadmaps and release plans using Agile tools in Confluence and Jira.
- Managing and editing public and private documentation stores on Confluence and other knowledge portals in addition to tracking metrics to support tech transfer.
- Contributes towards development of workflow and ticketing process for the support services projects, including tracking interactions among Jira, Confluence, Github, and the Circle CI continuous integration server to keep up to date on any issues raised through the afore mentioned platforms.
- Updates MS Dynamics and any additional CRM/logging platform to log every interaction with support services stakeholders.
- Organizes and supports testing activities, visits to remote test sites and hosting of stakeholders at TFHRC.
- Leads inventory management using tools like AssetTiger and supports facilitating equipment loans by engaging in activities including making technically sound equipment recommendations, shipping and tracking.
- Develop, edit or review system level test plans and detailed test cases, given requirements or enhancement descriptions.
- Contribute in occasional demonstrations, meetings, and webinars.
- Produce clear and concise written communication and deliverables.
- Participate in routine peer reviews of your work and providing critical review of others’ work products.
- Writing technical reports.
- Contributes towards business development through interaction with support services stakeholders
- Client interaction and relationship development.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in software and systems development projects with 2 years related experience. Master's degree from an accredited college or university can be substituted for work experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate competence in using Windows for typical office applications and basic Linux command line interactions.
- Must have intermediate understanding level of C++ and must have knowledge of Robotic Operating System (ROS)
- Enjoys helping others, is self-motivated, takes ownership, takes initiative, and possesses a desire to learn and grow, while self-teaching with minimal guidance.
- Must have good English communication (oral and written) skills, the ability to listen and accurately identify client needs and issues.
- Must be proactive in actions and communications and able to follow-through on commitments and deliver quality products ahead of or on schedule.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Must have valid driver's license and ability to pass DMV background check.
- MS Dynamics, GitHub, JIRA, Confluence especially with experience in configuring and customizing these environments
- Data management
- Cybersecurity operations
The candidate should enjoy helping others deploy technologies in real world settings and developing new solutions, tools, and opportunities to advance these support services and technology adoption. Some of the projects and technologies we develop are listed below:
- Transportation Simulation
- Cooperative Automation Platform
- Connected and Automated Vehicle Modeling
- Connected and Automated Vehicle Applications
- Data Management and Cybersecurity
- V2I Standards and Tools
- Vehicle-to-infrastructure and vehicle-to-vehicle emerging technologies
- Automated vehicles
- Traffic operations
- Intelligent transportation systems
- Dedicated Networks
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.