Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a Software Application Engineer who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
Leidos is hiring a Software Application Engineer to join our team who is highly motivated, responsible and a detailed oriented team. The successful candidate will work as part of our team supporting a long-term program for an Investor Owned Utility client with the implementation, configuration, and maintaining of GIS applications in a project and support capacity. This position will work directly with client customers to provide world-class application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility company applications. This candidate will also work with Product Support Manager and team to maintain daily operations surrounding the GIS. This position requires an experienced, self-motivating individual capable of performing in a fast-paced development environment, as well as interacting effectively with key customers and users.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Location: Looking for someone in the New Orleans, LA, Little Rock, AR or The Woodlands, TX area. Role is currently remote, however once COVID restrictions loosen candidate may be expected to report to the office/client site.
On Call Rotation could be required.
- Working directly with client customers to provide world-class Application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility company applications.
- Working with common GIS software including:
- Interaction with map features
- Efficient use of core functions
- Ability to leverage available tools to solve tasks
- Ability to extend core functions
- Create new modules
- Custom tools or extensions
- Interaction with map features
- Understanding Spatial Data Modeling
- Creation and Manipulation of Features
- Updating RWO Objects and applying to the database
- Building Custom GIS Applications, via:
- GE Smallworld Images
- ArcGIS Engine or Runtime
- Querying, Reporting, and Extraction of Spatial Data
Required Skills, Education and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, GIS, or related. High school diploma with additional work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 3+ years of related experience
- ESRI experience
- SQL Server
- Able to perform in a complex multi-tasking and multi-customer work environment
- Able to work within limited time restraints and strict deadlines
- Able to perform duties without immediate supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent inter-personnel skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- GE Smallworld
- FME Workbench
- Languages: Magik, Python, C#, Java
- Ability to support multiple projects
- Highly motivated and able to solve highly technical and complex problems
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.