Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) and Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. The MCEN is the Marine Corps’ network‐of‐networks and approved interconnected network segments. It comprises people, processes, logical and physical infrastructure, architecture, topology and Cyberspace Operations. The MCEN is characterized at a minimum to include Programs of Record that provide network services to forward deployed forces operating in the USMC.mil namespace and in USMC routable IP addresses; and Operations and Maintenance functions that provision data transportation, enterprise IT, network services, and boundary defense.
The Defense Group of Leidos has an immediate opening for a MCEN Client Account Manager with a broad understanding of business solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes, capabilities and/or technology designs across multiple product/technology families. The successful applicant will be bridging a number of functional roles to establish the Leidos market reputation.
This role calls for a high-energy individual who combines business perspective with strategic thinking and strong analytical and program management skills. This person must be comfortable with change and able to navigate effectively in a multi-faceted government organization with a wide and complex range of products, services, and business challenges. The successful candidate will be engaged in providing programmatic, advisory and assistance services, supporting all phases of an IT system/technology modernization. The successful applicant will build strong relationships with the customer, and will be responsible for carrying the voice of the customer to the MCEN PMO, as well as acting as a strategic advisor to the customer on all program matters as needed.
It is anticipated that travel will be required. The individual selected for this position should have a broad technical background spanning many of the technical areas supported by the program. The ability to clearly articulate technical messages for a variety of audiences at a high-level, both through written and verbal means, will be a critical skill necessary for success in this position.
- Builds effective relationships with Marine Corps leadership to serve as a partner and strategic advisor.
- Drives transformation expertise, innovation and thought leadership into the account.
- Acts as a seasoned practitioner with deep industry knowledge in the areas of specialization; likely to be known and highly regarded in their industry segment by other practitioners and clients; and will have deep and broad experience of establishing and leading engagements from initiation and into solution delivery.
- Communicates critical and time sensitive program-related information directly to the MCEN Program Manager and other delegated Government program personnel. Represents the Contractor at program-related meetings attended by, or at the request of, the MCEN Program Manager.
- Exhibits consistent professionalism in all customer interactions and sales activities in a way that promotes trust in the integrity of Leidos, the credibility of its offerings, and exceptional customer relations.
- Supports large-scale enterprise-wide projects that incorporate a proactive and innovative solution to addressing business challenges and achieving organizational goals and objectives. Integrates how the big picture of the initiatives comes together from definition through implementation on implications across the organization.
- Ensures accurate understanding of the customer’s needs, concerns, requirements, etc., to determine appropriate next steps for advancing an opportunity.
- Expands the range of Leidos’ services to the customer, increasing the depth and breadth of service offerings and penetration of the customer’s total spend.
- Capitalizes on trusted advisor status and leverages consultative presence in the account to influence customer business and investment planning and actively influence customer’s business transformation strategy.
- Develops & maintains understanding of the customer’s organization - reporting structure, key decision-makers, where they sit, and criteria for successfully engaging.
- Leads progressive customer engagements and participate in communication activities, creating materials and delivering presentations, briefings and research/white papers, and other administrative and programmatic tasks as required.
- 15+ years of combined experience managing and/or executing the planning, provisioning, and delivery of network services and/or other technically complex information technologies services to large organizations either internationally or across multiple U.S. states.
- Possess a strong background and demonstrated performance in government contracting, particularly related to financial aspects and standard business practices (e.g., familiarity with and ability to interpret statements of work, contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, etc.), the cyber technical domain, software development lifecycle, and communications at multiple levels.
- Demonstrated experience with financial analysis, including variance analysis, risk assessment, and advanced MS Office skills.
- Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook).
- Currently possess a DoD Secret security clearance, clearable to TS with SCI eligibility.
- Specific experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Demonstrated experience applying project management principles using industry best practices such as the PMBOK or SDLC.
- Demonstrated understanding of ITIL Service Design and/or Service Transition processes.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, business management, or related field.
- Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, business management, or other related field.
- Prior Navy NGEN, NMCI or MCEN experience.
- Experience managing large-scale contract transitions and associated transition of services.
- Demonstrated experience with managing the planning, provisioning, and delivery of information technology services to large organizations.
- PMP or DAIWI Certification.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.