The Leidos Innovations Center currently has an opening for a mid-level Software Developer to support our Beavercreek, OH office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your talents and experience to help the Skyborg System Design Agent (SDA) Team’s mission to develop the autonomous aircraft control systems for a U.S. Air Force customer. This position is expected to develop (including build/buy/rent recommendation) and implement the Skyborg Program’s Customer Support Portal to function as the end-user trouble reporting processes and associated systems for routing, tracking, and archiving trouble reports related to the autonomous system and self-service capability for end-users.
- The Software Developer is responsible for:
- Implementing an interim capability based on the government’s DI2E version of Confluence/Jira
- Proposing a permanent capability based on researching, performing an analysis of alternatives, and making a rent/buy/build recommendation:
- Available corporate and government solutions (rent)
- Commercial solutions (buy/rent)
- Designing a new solution (build)
- The incumbent will then be responsible for developing/implementing the chosen solution.
- This role will create the vital bridge between the technical expertise of the Autonomy Design/Development and Experimentation teams and the end users who rely on the autonomous control systems to command their autonomous aircraft.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as contract/program requirements dictate.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field and 4+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience as developer/administrator in Confluence/Jira
- U.S. Citizen
- Eligible for DoD Secret clearance
- Eight years of relevant experience, or an MS with six years of experience
- Experience creating/deploying a Service Desk/Customer Support capability
- Experience with DI2E implementation of Confluence/Jira
- UX/UI experience
- Software field integration experience
- Database design, implementation, and management experience
- Linux experience
- Current DoD Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.