Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Our Transportation Solutions Operation delivers cutting-edge research in some of the most exciting technological fields and advances state-of-the-practice solutions in transportation safety. A new era of mobility requires specialized expertise to address paradigm shifts in how we travel and move goods.
We support our customers with:
- Connected and Automated Vehicles
- Aircraft Traffic Planning and Operations
- Human Factors Research
- Analysis, Modeling and Simulation
- Transportation Safety and Operations, and Asset Management
- e-Construction and Accelerated Construction
- Freight Efficiency
- Research Facility Management
Leidos is seeking a Software Development Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s En-Route Automation Modernization ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance- Broadcast. ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
· Modernizing the AT control system by improving the availability and performance of the ERAM system.
· Optimizing the experience for the flying public, Air Traffic Control, and the airline industry by improving the collaboration and decision-making capabilities of flight controllers
· Developing and maintaining the FAA air traffic control software (primarily Ada95/C++) on a UNIX/Linux platform
· Knowledge of Linux OS and OS concepts
· Operating Systems Customization (RedHat, AIX)
· PERL/PYTHON, Java development experience
· Performing software development as needed for the ERAM system
· Coordinate Solutions with Systems Engineering
· Customize and/or tailor CAS/COTS products into an integrated product baseline
· Support of Common Services utilized by ERAM Application teams
· Coordinate the development of new capabilities and upgrade to common services provided the applications or CAS/COTS products.
· Requires a Bachelor of Science degree and 0-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
· Have experience in the SW process, process improvement, SW tracking and architecture.
· Working knowledge of the Software Engineering life cycle and demonstrated leadership skills through prior positions/experience.
· Working knowledge of SWCM tools/processes used in support of the FAA ERAM program
· Use of Unix and Configuration Management skills
· Trouble shooting support - effectively respond to users requests
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and written skills
· Self-Starter and ability to multitask
· Use of Unix and Configuration Management skills
· Development skills in the Linux/Unix environment
Your GPA needs to be included on your application and resume.
US Citizenship Requirements
Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
· Working experience in FAA ATC programs
· Demonstrated experience working in Software Builds management tasks
· Air Traffic Control development experience
· Working experience in Dimensions Configuration Management tool
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.