Leidos has an opening for a Systems Engineer in support of the DCGS-N Help Desk in North Charleston, SC.
Seeking a Software Systems Engineer supporting the Distributed Common Ground System, Navy (DCGS-N Family of Systems (FoS) Help Desk which includes DCGS-N INC 1, the DCGS-N Enterprise Node (DEN), the Joint Concentrator Architecture (JCA) and the Intelligence Carry On Program (ICOP) and systems in development. DCGS-N is the Navy's premier Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) processing system. The DCGS-N Help Desk provides hardware, I3 and GALE software, and operational support to DCGS-N Customers 24 hours by 7 days a week. The Position will involve extensive application configuration and candidates should possess an administrator-level understanding of n-tier Enterprise applications (db, app server, client) architecture/management as well as the capacity to follow detailed installation procedures.
• Participate in software and hardware investigations resulting from issues identified in reported trouble calls during the transition period.
• Provide Technical Assistance (TA) reports for all support provided to DCGS-N FoS Help Desk Customers. Support program management integration, systems engineering, and testing to resolve system CASREP issues. This may include CONUS and OCONUS travel to both shore and ship sites to support urgent operational requirements.
• Provide installation support to the DCGS-N ISEA for the DCGS-N.
• Support DCGS-N FoS assessments to include shore and afloat sites to conduct Deploying Group Systems Integration Testing (DGSIT), Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Combat Systems Readiness Assessments (C5RA), Combat Systems Readiness Assessment (CSRA), and Inspection and Survey (INSURV) inspections.
· Work as a "generalist" on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future DCGS-N system builds.
External Referral Eligible
Experience with at least one of the following: GALE, GCCS-J/M, SocetGXP or ICOP
Bachelor's degree preferred in Computer Science or relevant field, BSEE, BSSE or comparable experience with 2+ years of overall related experience or 5+ years direct experience with DCGS-N.
• 4+ years of experience with mission operations and elicitation of analytic needs in the intelligence arena.
• Experience in concept definition for software information systems.
• Familiarity with both Windows and Unix operating systems administration in a heterogeneous environment is also needed to succeed in this assignment.
• Ability to travel up to 35% including possible underway periods onboard U.S. Navy ships.
• Currently possess an active TS/SCI and must meet the requirements of DCID 6/4.
• IAT II qualified in accordance with DoD 8570.1m.
Minimum of IAT II Certifications to meet DoD 8570.1M compliance: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+ and S CompTIA Server+/and accreditation in Windows, Unix, Linux or Solaris operating systems
• Experience with Blade Servers.
• Experience in a Solaris 10, MS Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 environment.
• Previous experience with Java/J2EE, Oracle and experience in a COMPOSE Environment.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment with other highly skilled individuals.
• Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance or Distributed Common Ground Station background.
• Basic networking experience and Intel operations (IPL, CGS, JMPS, CVIC systems).
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.