Are you ready to unleash your potential?...
Leidos Europe has an opportunity for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) to manage assurance and improvement activities associated with the aerospace and airworthiness elements of the Logistics Commodities Services Transformation (LCST) programme.
This is a 2 Year Fixed Term Contract opportunity.
The successful candidate will have engineering/aerospace experience with excellent knowledge of the AS9100 series and ISO 9001, quality assurance and control, technical documentation, maintaining assets and driving improvement in accordance with relevant MOD and UK Government policies and procedures.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The candidate will be a proactive agent for change, possess high energy, have a passion for quality, and be self-motivated. A forward-thinking self-starter, you will engage with people confidently, working with a high degree of autonomy, and be as comfortable operating independently as you are working within a team in a project environment.
The candidate will be agile and flexible enough to cope with ambiguity and change, be responsive and open-minded, value innovation and creativity; and exploit the opportunities that change can bring.
The candidate will utilize improvement expertise (e.g. six sigma/lean) to identify any areas of weakness, recommending and implementing improvements, feeding the information back in to the QMS to feed into continuous improvement activity.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
Our Quality Management is dedicated to consistent application of program controls, to ensure consistency and business continuity for applying standards across the program. We manage and track Key Performance Indicators, Service Level Metrics and perform Risk Management activities across the program. Additionally we conduct root cause analysis and perform continuous improvement through Correction and Corrective Action.
The SQE will manage the quality assurance activities associated with the airworthiness requirements across the entire program lifecycle. This includes establishing and monitoring the performance/quality measurements to ensure requirement satisfaction for performance measures.
You will be the interface working directly with subcontractors to ensure their quality management systems are implemented, maintained and efficient, and that objective evidence exists to demonstrate compliance to documented plans, processes and procedures.
The SQE serves as the member of a team with the responsibility to ensure the highest quality services, system and subsystems are provided to our customer through the generation and control of program processes, performance of regularly scheduled internal process audits and the consistent facilitation of structured improvement activities.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the quality assurance and control system for the program in relation to aerospace and airworthiness requirements. Analyse gaps between current ISO 9001 certification and requirements for AS9100/9120 certification across Team Leidos operations.
- Communicate with management and staff throughout the organisation to ensure that the quality management system (ISO 9001 and AS9100) is functioning properly and all processes and procedures are being followed to ensure the quality of our service provision
- Perform internal audits for ISO 9001/AS 9100 standards, creating audit finding reports, determining/initiating appropriate corrective and preventative actions and closing out audit findings. Contribute to supplier escalations/interventions
- Ensure adherence to all standards, policies, and best practices. Identify and implement ISO 9001/AS9100 improvements whilst understanding their relationship and impact to LCST operations
- Lead the development and implementation of procedures and plans for assuring quality products and services for Team Leidos within the air domain. Develop and improve processes and procedures to meet and exceed acceptable quality levels for program performance standards
- Understand requirements and ensure appropriate flow down into the supply chain. Work closely with departmental managers, cross-functional staff, and key subcontractors to ensure quality outputs, aiming to minimize the costs of rework, waste, and maximize customer satisfaction
- Support the development and collection of performance metrics. Provide the Head of Compliance with timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards quality objectives
- Develop Quality weekly and monthly reports that provide measurements with trends over time and highlights performance issues with mitigation strategies. Report quality status and quality issues, with resolution plans, at weekly and monthly status meetings
- Coordinate/collaborate with the MOD, Leidos and subcontractor personnel for validation of the effectiveness of quality assurance procedures and controls; monitor, review, and report assessment results of Leidos performance against defined contractual standards; and validate compliance with Standard Operating Procedures
- The SQE will support the MOD requested activities by coordinating the availability of program, project, and operational documents; providing data requested as part of onsite and remote audits; providing access to all source materials and associated metadata
- Establish and maintain strong and productive relationships with key stakeholders ensuring that the objectives are understood and incorporated into a framework of continuous improvement
- Delivering training as needed to support quality awareness
- Ability to acquire and maintain a UK security clearance (BPSS)
- Prior engineering/aerospace experience with excellent knowledge of the AS9100 series and ISO 9001
- Expertise with peer reviews and process auditing
- Experience collecting and analysing metrics
- Strong communication and writing skills with emphasis on communications with MOD customers and third-party stakeholders
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Project), SharePoint, QA applications and databases
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and application of lean sigma tools, techniques and statistical analysis
- Formal ISO9001/9100 Internal/Lead Auditor trained
- A minimum of Level 4 (e.g. HNC) qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent relevant work experience
- Quality assurance experience in an engineering context or experience from within another relevant environment (e.g. in manufacturing processes, a technical environment, internal quality management and/or auditing)
- Experience working with MOD contracts, policies and procedures including AQAP, Defence Standards and Regulatory Articles
- A member of a relevant Professional Engineering Institute or equivalent body.
- A Chartered Quality Professional (CQP), Quality Practitioner or able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.