Leidos has multiple opportunities for System Test Engineers to join our team at the Theater Mission Planning Center (TMPC) segment of the Tomahawk Weapon System (TWS) located at the Washington Navy Yard.
This position is for a Mission Distribution System (MDS) Test Engineer to eventually transition into a test engineer at the TMPC-level. The System Test Engineer will work in support of a Product Assurance contract with the US Navy Cruise Missile Project.
- Requirements analysis; software design analysis, specification reviews, user documentation inspection; test planning, test execution (functional, integration, regression and more), test results recording and reporting, operational test scenario development, milestone review participation, and site acceptance testing at multiple end-user locations as necessary.
- Domestic and some international travel may be required - possibly as high as 25% per year.
- Activities also include reviews and evaluation of products and processes and participation in various Engineering review boards.
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives.
- Develops solutions to technical problems that may require collaboration with internal experts.
- Regularly communicates with internal project team members, management, and external organizations and customers as necessary.
- Ensures project schedules and performance requirements are met.
- Contributes to the development of the organization's goals and objectives and process improvement.
- Operational experience with Tomahawk Mission Distribution System (MDS) and strike planning is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of software engineering, software programming, databases including SQL, system interface testing, and test automation is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 5 years of experience. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active Top Secret clearance with ability to be approved to TS/SCI
- Proficiency in computer applications languages technologies and/or capabilities required for this position.
- Good technical writing and communication skills.
- Experience with verification and validation test activities including development of test cases and procedures, execution of test procedures, documentation of test issues, and test reporting.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$4,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.