Leidos is currently seeking a Boundary Cyber Security Defense Analyst in support of the AFINC II contract for the highly visible 26th Network Operations Squadron (26 NOS) at Maxwell Air force Base-Gunter Annex, Alabama, which provides a world-wide support mission. The 26 NOS is responsible for the intranet support of the entire Air Force network. The mission of the 26 NOS is to operate and defend the Air Force (AF) Enterprise computer network consisting of the AF Wide Area Network (WAN) routers, AF Network Increment 1 (AFNET Inc 1) Gateways, and the 26 NOS Local Area Network (LAN) assets.
The Cyber Security Defender manages the Air Force AFINC Boundary Protection devices to include IDS/IPS, Firewalls, VPNS, malicious code response across the Air Force Enterprise.
- Performs enterprise systems security operations to ensure 100% effective AFINC security status across the enterprise.
- Experience working with one of the following network security systems: CISCO (CCNA Security), Blue Coat BCCPA, InfoVista IVCA, HP ATP ArcSight Security V1, HP ASE-ArcSight Logger V1, IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4, Red Seal Security Expert, Cisco Stealthwatch Advanced Tuning (SWAT)
- Performs complex analytics on boundary protection systems to protect system assets from compromise, data loss, and other requirements.
- Experienced in DOD boundary protection and CSSP operations.
- Responds and mitigates risks and malicious code, classified incidents, CTO orders, etc.
- Perform work within the defined SLAs
- Work closely with other support and development teams
- Create and update documentation where required
- Work independently and as a team member
- Support on-call rotation schedule
- Cross train capabilities with other team members
- BS and 1-2 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with some prior relevant experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must have an active Secret Clearance
- IAT (DoD 8570) certifications: Security+ CE, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, or SSCP
- Primary certification: CISCO CCNA Security
- Additional Certification, one or more of the following: Blue Coat BCCPA, InfoVista IVCA, HP ATP ArcSight Security V1, HP ASE-ArcSight Logger V1, IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4, Red Seal Security Expert, Cisco Stealthwatch Advanced Tuning (SWAT)
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.