Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Transmission Line CAD Designer in Orlando, Framingham, Chicago or Portland offices. The successful candidate will work in a team atmosphere to provide technical and project support for high/low voltage transmission line projects. He/She must be Autocad or Microstation proficient and able to utilize materials from different sources like: client standards, images, emails, sketches, dxf exports and others. The candidate must have basic knowledge of engineering drawing requirements with Transmission Line Projects in order to assist with the development of project drawings which includes but is not limited to: Maps, Structure Lists, Plan and Profiles, Phasing Drawings, Foundation Drawings, Structure Assemblies and Details, Permitting, and others. He/She must be able to track and manage various projects at a time to meet deadlines and assist in the preparation of submittals. Must have great organization skills in order to keep up with file management. The individual must maintain a high level of quality and efficiency requiring personal accountability with self-checks to minimize errors, ensuring a quality product that meets company and client’s needs.
- Development of drawing packages for transmission projects (Plan and Profiles, Framing drawings, Load trees, hardware & detail drawings, permits, soil borings, route maps and others.
- Assist in preparing documents for client submittals.
- Ability to work with multiple projects at the same time to meet deadlines.
- Proofs own work to minimize errors and increase quality.
- Ability to complete assigned task in a timely manner.
- Must be able to assist others when needed and follow directions clearly form engineers as well as peers.
- Associate Degree or Vocational certificate or degree in drafting or related technical discipline.
- Five (5) years of drafting experience. Experience using AutoCAD required; Microstation ability is a plus.
- Three (3) years of experience supporting transmission line projects required; Substation or P&C experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, meeting deadlines and delivering a quality work product are required.
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and Teams.
- Ability to work in detail oriented environment requiring analytical thinking for work development and self-correction.
- Reliable with an ability to work independently.
- Strong team skills with the ability to be flexible
- Microstation proficiency
- Autocad Civil 3D
- PLS CAD Knowledge
- Autocad ARC GIS
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.