Leidos is searching for a Sr Software QA Eng for our QTC team! QTC is the Nations largest provider of Medical, Disability, and Occupational Health Examinations. The cutting edge technology that QTC has patented is designed to optimize the exchange of information between our clients and providers to ensure a timely delivery.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the QTC mission. The Sr Software QA Eng will work on software projects by reviewing project user stories and working with other organizations (both within and outside of IT) to understand the complete requirements of the project, including the system software architecture, design, internal and external interfaces, use cases, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, plan and test web based, mobile and desktop applications through collaboration of epics, user stories and design specifications
- Consult with users, product owners, scrum masters, development, infrastructure and service desk to determine software/system functionality and scope of epis and user stories
- Develop original test plans, document test results, scope, risks and provide sign-off for applications utilizing Microsoft Team Foundation Server (Test Manager)
- Identify, report and manage the lifecycle of all software defects using Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Responsible for reviewing and providing peer review feedback for business requirements, user stories, technical design documents and QA test plans
- Responsible for creating and managing automated test scripts using Telerik Test Studio
- Use discretion and expert judgment to establish level of effort for QA activities
- Identify QA tasks and track progress against project plans utilizing TFS or other SDLC management tools
- Perform configuration management and deployment duties
- Work closely with UAT team to provide knowledge transfer of application functionality and known issues
- Work closely with Product Owner, Scrum Master, Developers, other QA members, DBA, Configuration Management, Infrastructure and management in an Agile environment
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Proficient in SQL and able to write complex queries
- Knowledge of SDLC (e.g., Agile, Scrum) and QA methodologies (e.g., Smoke, Functional, Integration, Regression, System, Black box, White box, Performance, Load and Boundary testing)
- Must possess experience testing tiered web based applications (e.g., ASP.Net MVC, HTML, XML) utilizing a relational database back-end (e.g., Oracle, SQL)
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and a self-starter
- Effective time management, detail oriented, and strong organizational skills
- Possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work as a part of a team as well as independently
- Knowledge of configuration management including Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) a plus
- Knowledge of source control tools and methodologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server configuration including IIS, app pools, services, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation a plus
- Working knowledge of QA automation techniques and best practices preferably using Telerik Test Studio
- Solid working knowledge of key QA technologies and tools
- Ability to manage competing priorities for multiple projects
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation
- Bachelors Degree
- 0-20 years of expereince we have all levels open
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering, Testing and Quality Assurance
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.