Leidos is searching for a Sr Software Eng for our QTC team! QTC is the Nations largest provider of Medical, Disability, and Occupational Health Examinations. The cutting edge technology that QTC has patented is designed to optimize the exchange of information between our clients and providers to ensure a timely delivery.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the QTC mission. The Sr Software Eng plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities. Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment. Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle. Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software. Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls. Ensures software standards are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and develop web-based and desktop applications through collaboration of user design specifications, user stories and Business Requirements Document (BRD)
• Consult with users, product marketing and product management to determine software/system functionality and scope of technical specification document (TSD)
• Architect and design state-of-the-art solutions
• Assemble reusable class libraries and web services
• Provide expert advice and consulting in maintenance and enhancement of existing code within high transaction volume / highly availability environment
• Unit test developed code
• Code deployment as required and compilation of deployment guide for promotion of code from Dev , QA, Training and Production environments
• Assume development lead role for large projects
• Use discretion and expert judgment to establish level of effort for development activities
• Identify development tasks and track progress against project plans utilizing TFS or other SDLC management tools
• Assess new technologies relevant to company business, evaluate benefits and outline presentation of new innovations to meet business objectives
• Partner with Product Marketing, Product Management, Developers, DBAs, Configuration Management and QA team
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to switch between priorities quickly without affecting quality or performance
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Superior customer service skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to lead projects and development activities across product lines
• Working knowledge of development methodologies (e.g. Agile, CMMI)
• Knowledgeable in service-oriented architecture
• Proficient in object-oriented design and development
• Must be knowledgeable of SDLC processes and tools (e.g. Microsoft Team Foundation)
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or a related field from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education. Masters Degree preferred.
• 0-20 years of relevant professional experience ALL LEVELS NEEDED!
• Explicit experience developing software applications using .Net technologies, C#, MVC, MVVM, Entity Framework, Bootstrap, and JQuery is required
• Experience with Angular, HTML5 and CCS3 is a plus
• Must possess proven experience of developing of n-tier applications including Web applications, windows applications, web services, and integration with 3rd party products and developing re-usable class libraries
• Development experience utilizing Oracle and SQL Server is a plus
• Experience with Oracle Forms and Reports programming a plus
• Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
QTC Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.