Leidos has an immediate opening for a Solutions Architect to join our National Solutions Organization. This position will directly support the active growth plans of our Intelligence Solutions organization with a focus on DIA and DTRA needs. In this role, you will help customers solve demanding challenges via technology, modernization, and transformation processes with proven methods and solutions. The selected candidate will work with Operations and Business Development personnel to understand customer needs and lead the development of compelling solutions to those needs. They will bring these solutions forward through white papers, presentations, and proposal responses. This position requires leading and engaging teams of people with diverse skills to develop comprehensive solutions ranging from IT applications to full enterprise services, from program management activities to agency-wide operational support, and from scientific lab support to direct provider support. The successful candidate will be able to conceptualize these solutions around key business needs and goals in full awareness of industry trends. This position requires a broad and deep understanding of technology and our customers to match solutions to customer requirements and to differentiate Leidos from our competitors.
- Leading the development of innovative solutions in support of major capture efforts, balancing these solutions against cost, schedule, function, quality, and other business considerations.
- Creation of white papers, proposals, and briefings demonstrating the thought leadership capabilities of the organization, as well as supporting various marketing and business development efforts through customer interaction.
- Assist capture strategy development through technical leadership, including the creation and marketing of discriminating value propositions.
- Assist in the development of the systems integration capabilities across multiple accounts within the business.
- Support program management and business development reviews and assist in improving performance of existing projects as required.
- Collaborate with the technical talent and solution architects in the organization to meet the current and future (new market) business challenges.
- Conduct pre-sales engineering activities, to include engaging directly with customers in combination with our Business Development and Operations leadership teams.
- Partner with the Business Development team in supporting the shaping and development of technical solutions, basis of estimates, and industry relationships via responses to RFPs, new business reviews, white papers, customer shaping calls, and Leidos’ corporate Win Plan process for larger franchise opportunities and to understand and participate in the development of new business strategy assessing current and future skills and technology needs.
Masters degree with 20+ years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 16+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Strong technical breadth and depth in support of the government markets and in particular in government IT design, implementation, operations, and modernization.
- Experience (at least 5 years) in three of the following areas, with Expertise in at least one: System Development, Software or Application Development, Hardware Engineering, Operations, System Architecture, Cloud Architecture, Information Assurance, Cyber Security, ITIL Framework, and Agile Development
- Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening)
- Experience leading the development of solutions for proposals
- Experience in writing for white papers, RFI responses, and proposals
- Experience in running trade studies, product evaluations, or research projects
- Experience in customer engagements
- Development and/or Operational program experience
- Understands competitor/teammate technology offerings
- Must be able to collaborate across the corporation and with other technical SMEs, leveraging contacts to obtain key technical resources to continue technology exchange and enhancements.
- Ability to author, present, and articulate problem sets and associated solution elements in settings supporting customers, business development, program delivery, technical teams, and executives.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance
US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Direct experience working with any of the following customers: DIA or DTRA
- Experience engaging in business development and capture efforts
- Experience developing solutions involving data sciences, artificial intelligence, or robotic processing
- Experience developing or managing DevOps solutions that rely on cloud-based infrastructure
- Relevant technical or management certifications (PMP, ITIL, CISSP)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:0
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Consult Emp
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.