UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Java Developer to join our task force the Leidos Chemical, Biological, Radiological (CBR) and Energetics Portfolio. You will provide technical support in delivering services and development efforts supporting the Combat Capabilities Development Command Chemical Biological Center (DEVCOM CBC) under subcontract to DCS Corporation. You will support the Nuclear Biological Chemical Battlefield Integration Branch (NBCBIB) in designing, developing, and testing systems and tools for providing warfighters with greater situational awareness of chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) threats by making data from CBRN sensors available to battlefield networks, and presenting this data to a wide range of command and control (C2) and situational awareness (SA) systems.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
THE CHALLENGE: (Role & Responsibilities)
- Design, develop, enhance, debug, and unit test software requirements, change requests and problem reports.
- Develop bread-board and brass-board prototype systems
- Troubleshoot production problems related to software applications.
- Design and develop new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Consult with project team and end users to identify and define application requirements.
- Work in a full stack development environment, with projects ranging from embedded systems to middleware, mobile applications, and web applications.
- Write automated software tests for both unit testing and acceptance testing.
- Participate in field testing and operator assessments.
- Write documentation and test reports.
- Must have a Department of Defense (DoD) Interim Secret Clearance
WHAT SETS YOU APART: (Required Skills)
- B.S. Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field with 4 plus years’ experience in software engineering, software development, and programming.
- Expertise in Java programming
- Proficient in various programming languages such as Python, C++, C+, and C#
- Experience in Agile Software Development
- Experience in developing in Linux environment
- Android application development
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE: (Preferred Skills)
- Experience in supporting military software environment
- Embedded systems experience
- Android Tactical Assault Kit (ATAK) experience
- Strong report writing skills
- Software testing
- Basic understanding of Ad/Hoc Mesh Radio Networks
- Experience in mentoring junior software developers
- Experience support Department of Defense Advanced Technical Demonstrations
- Secure software development experience
- Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) and Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) autonomy experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.