We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most rewarding careers you could have imagined. This Senior Engineer/Deputy Program Manager role offers relocation assistance and sign-on bonus to motivated candidates looking to grow their career in one of the largest growing tech hubs in the Silicon Prairie.
Sign-on Bonus and Relocation assistance is available to motivated candidates wanting to grow their career in Omaha/Bellevue, NE.
This position will support an advanced targeting application for the United States Strategic Command. In this role, you will have the dynamic opportunity to engineer software applications and support the Program Manager in growing and shaping the NIDS team in Bellevue. You will utilize your problem solving skills to troubleshoot production issues related to software applications, systems integration, compatibility and multiple platforms. The role will require you to apply critical thinking skills to assist in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools. As part of an Agile Scrum team moving toward DevOps, you will participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters and will own the delivery of part of a system or application.
Leidos operates several software development factories in support of various DoD, commercial, and Leidos-internal programs and is in the process of adding to this network of factories to better access geographically-distributed resources and expertise (e.g., AI/ML, autonomy, DevOps, etc.). The Leidos Bellevue site is in the process of integrating into this network for software development expertise, thereby potentially allowing local development staff the ability to support various projects and customers.
- Work closely with the Chief Architect and other senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well-defined but always considers the customer first.
- Support the Leidos Program Manager in coaching and guiding the existing Bellevue team and growing the team to support USSTRATCOM and future contract efforts.
- Mentor engineers and junior staff in the art of software engineering to develop quality software products.
- Work with the Leidos Program Manager to effectively support the Government Program Office, Government Systems Engineers, and operational users to ensure delivered products exceed customer expectations and provide substantial value.
- Position requires an active DoD Secret security clearance, with ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related engineering/technical discipline with 8+ years of relevant experience; or a Master’s degree with 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Possess the knowledge and experience to perform complex and difficult system and specialty engineering tasks with no supervision.
- Experience in leading and mentoring a small team of software engineers.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with server infrastructure products: VMware / WebLogic Server
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Cesium
- Experience with GWT and GXT.
- Experience with Ansible.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.