Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Electrical Engineer to work in Dayton, OH. This position is in support of the Air Force Research Laboratory and will involve the analysis and testing of electro-optical/infrared systems (e.g., missiles) leading to the development of digital system models. The successful candidate will work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Perform testing, characterization, and analysis of electro-optical/infrared systems
- Perform circuit and software analysis
- Collect and analyze data in support of digital model development
- Perform digital model development using MATLAB and Simulink
- Collect and analyze data in support of infrared countermeasure technique development
- Produce reports, presentations, and participate in working groups
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 8+ years of related experience or Master's Degree with 6+ years of related experience
- Position requires US citizenship and ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Strong understanding of electronic control systems, microprocessors, and embedded software
- Knowledge of and experienced with MATLAB, Simulink
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team
- Strong analytical skills and ability to collaborate with a team of engineers and scientists
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Knowledge of and experience with object-oriented programming in C/C++
- Experience with electro-optical and infrared systems particularly infrared guided missile technology
- Experience working in multi/cross-domain security environments
- Experience working in secure networks
- Experience with software reverse engineering
- Experience FPGA and DSP code extraction
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.