Seeking a software engineer to perform as one of the primary software engineers in the development and integration of cross domain security solutions and other security technologies in a small team environment. These activities are across the development lifecycle from concept development, design, and implementation. To accomplish these activities candidates will need to apply diverse skills in software engineering, system engineering & administration, integration, test and system security. Customers often come to our unit with a goal in mind, but they need our help to realize it. As such, candidates should be able to analyze requirements to ensure overall testability, and then develop appropriate software design, test plans, and procedures. Since we are a small team with a small dedicated testing staff, candidates should also be able to assist in the execution of functional, performance, and security tests and support debug of system issues. After developed solutions are deployed, these data flows need to be maintained in operations. While a separate part of the team does oversee maintenance activities, candidates may be called upon to review existing programs and assist in making refinements to aid in reducing operating time and/or improving current development methods.
As a senior member of the team, the candidate will be expected to help lead the technical direction of the development team. This includes acting as a technical escalation point and expert reference for the contractor team and government leadership. Candidates will be responsible for managing the software configuration for the systems and ensuring accuracy of technical documentation.
- Manage systems in a VMWare environment
- Install COTS/GOTS and custom software, firmware updates, operating system patches of CDS guards, and antivirus software updates
- Monitor the systems for possible system problems
- Resolve system problems by analyzing the problem for resolution paths, implementing solutions, and/or working with vendors to resolve issues
- Respond and resolve incident tickets within required response times
- Run scripts to gather production system metrics and statistics
- Set-up/maintain user accounts
- Support system security vulnerability scan activities
- Participate in program standup meetings to discuss system status, technical issues, or coordinate production system changes.
- Current Active Top Secret Security Clearance
- BS degree and 12+ yrs. experience OR a MS degree and 10+ yrs. experience, OR equivalent experience.
- Cross Domain integration (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions) experience with the following guard types:
- Forcepoint: Trusted Gateway System (TGS), Trusted Thin Client (TTC), WebShield, and High Speed Guard (HSG)
- Lockheed Martin: Radiant Mercury Guard (RMG)
- Strong Software development skills to include creation of requirements from customer ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement, integrate, and troubleshoot applications (small to medium size development), under minimal direction, in a Linux and Windows environment.
- Use of standard project management techniques to include AGILE and standard project management methodologies
- Experience development with Apache Nifi (NiagraFalls) flowfile programming
- Proficiency with Object-Oriented Design with Java
- Proficiency with Python scripting
- Proficiency with XML/JSON
- Basic experience with Perl scripting
- Experience with Webservice (SOAP/REST).
- Proficiency and use of scripting languages (Shell, Bash, Powershell)
- Redhat/CENTOS Linux Administration:
- Working knowledge and development experience in a Linux environment (Redhat and CENTOS).
- Ability to troubleshoot Linux/Unix admin problems
- Logs examination, List running processes, bring daemons up/down
- File permission ownership management
- On host firewall configuration (iptables, firewalld)
- Cron job and User/Group management
- TCP/IP Networking:
- IPv4 and IPv6 Routing Protocols and Standards
- Understanding of public/private key encryption
- Ability to create keys, put them in the correct place on a Linux/Unix box, and use them for key authentication with ssh/scp/sftp
- Communications & Management Skills:
- Possess superior oral and written communication skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues and ideas to team members, management and customers.
- Experience creating operating instructions and technical engineering documents
- Ability to document program and data flow operation including creation of flow diagrams
- Experience documenting problem via trouble tickets (DRs, PTRs, whatever you call them)
- Capable of working with customers and ability to mentor team mates
- Experience with IBM Datapower Gateway Application Server
- Experience with Elastic Search / Log Stash / Kibana (ELK)
- Experience with Splunk data aggregation and analysis
- Experience with Peraton Purifile deep content inspection
- Experience with integrating Digital Certificates / Single Sign-On functionality between systems.
- System integration experience in physical/virtual servers with routers and firewalls in current data center environments.
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: LDAP, Active Directory, log archive
- Knowledge or use of various security products, security architecture, security assessment tools, and information assurance standards.
- Experience with Apache web server configuration and performance tuning.
- Exhibit network design and engineering level work experience on technology integration projects with the following types of technologies:
- Cisco and Juniper Network Security, Routers, and Switches
- Cisco and F5 Networks Inc. Load Balancing
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.