Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Leidos is seeking an Audit and Assessment Lead who understands the impact of a well-run, and effective Quality Assurance program, to support the Antarctic Support Contract (ASC). The program team is based in Centennial, Colorado, and in office support is expected.
Travel is expected in this role. The Audit and Assessment Lead will travel both domestically and internationally, likely 25-40% travel will be required.
*** Deployment to Antarctica will be required; successful completion of the physical and dental examinations is required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. ***
Due to contract requirements, U.S. citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status is required.
This position will be part of the Mission Assurance Directorate, and will be an advocate and champion of the Quality Assurance framework and policy - driving awareness, adoption and execution with internal and external clients. Organization, programmatic evaluation, and integration with all Functional Areas as part of the Quality Assurance process at ASC is critical to the success of this role. The objective of the Audit and Assessment Lead is to continually and proactively identify, assess, handle, and monitor risks and issues for the ASC, in support of the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the United States Antarctic Program (USAP). A successful Audit and Assessment Lead aides in the communication, monitoring and improvement initiatives of both Mission Assurance and ASC performance parameters, leading to operational efficiency gains and reducing risks and issues to the ASC program.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Designs and Plans a variety of internal audits, assessments, surveys, and reviews of programs and operations using established, conventional auditing procedures and practices
- Selects and applies the appropriate methods and approach pertaining to type of Audit or Assessment needed
- Development of audit protocols and criteria, including researching laws and regulations and referencing prior audits and data analysis
- Completing audit steps with detailed audit work documentation that contains sufficient and appropriate audit evidence to support conclusions and recommendations.
- Leads kickoff and exit meetings. Prepares written audit deliverables to stakeholders. Provide instructions to others, including addressing staff questions
- Lead and develop action plans with applicable divisions, engineering, and Quality Engineers to improve operational efficiencies and executions to ensure that they are appropriate and promote program capability and key consumer requirements.
- Conduct and interpret data manipulation in MS Excel and/or other applications in order to interpret, apply and evaluate defined system operational requirements, statistical analysis, and associated results.
- Compile, catalog, and monitor non-conformances and corrective actions; facilitate for closure, supporting process improvement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Conduct Validation and effectiveness reviews of Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs)
- Provide basic auditor training for internal program department resources
- Providing input and/or assistance to the Mission Performance and Improvement process
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business accounting, quality management, or similar field and at least 4 years experience in performance auditing and assessments. Equivalent combination of performance auditing experience, college hours and relevant training will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Clear understanding and working knowledge of Quality Management processes, Lean Six Sigma Experience, DOE Quality Assurance, ISO 9001 compliance quality systems experience, demonstrated by successful audit and assessment design and execution OR
- A certificate as a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in auditing or accounting
Preferred Qualifications and Capabilities:
- Ability to partner with internal and external ASC organizations
- Systems reasoning, investigative, analytical, and problem solving ability
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, and communication skills, both written and oral
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments, priorities, and projects in a demanding environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and be adaptable to changing assignments
- Strong time and project management skills, including prioritization and multi-tasking ability
- Strong attention to technical detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively in both independent and team situations
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, through reports, correspondence, briefings, presentations, and other methods to plan, coordinate, or advise on work efforts.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
- Antarctic Support Contract (ASC)
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Energy and Environment
- Engineering Services
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.