Leidos is seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer to support the development and integration of Autonomous Underwater Vehicle programs that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across multiple Department of Defense agencies. The Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) will support the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of critical systems. The selected candidate shall perform (or review) technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies. This Information Systems Security Engineering opportunity will allow you to participate in system design, development, and integration of hardware & software applications for our customers highly specialized programs. Working with other team members the ISSE will ensure all aspects of security will be incorporated into the system design throughout the Systems Development Life Cycle. In addition, the ISSE will contribute to enterprise application development, network engineering, and information systems security (ISS). The ISSE position is located in Point Loma San Diego, CA with the ability to work remotely.
- Support multiple programs as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Information Assurance & Cybersecurity for software and hardware development
- Apply knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop, and implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
- Establish policies & procedures that implement the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) best practices
- Participate as the primary security-engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, cloud, and enclave environments.
- As the primary security representative for engineering teams serve as the liaison between Leidos and the customer security team for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of IA architectures, systems, or system components.
- Support the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures.
- Identify overall security requirements for the proper handling of Government data.
- Requires BS in relevant discipline (Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering) and 4-8 years prior relevant work experience or Masters with 2-6 years relevant experience.
- Solid understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience the following technologies: eMASS, STIG Viewer and STIG auditing.
- Understanding of hardware and software engineering best practices
- Current DoDM 8570 IAT III Certification is required.
- CompTIA Security+.
- Must have an active TS clearance.
- CISSP-ISSEP Certification
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CSSP) or equivalent cloud computing certification
- Active SCI
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$4,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.