Leidos is seeking a GIS Analyst for our customer site in Suitland, MD. This position requires an active TS/SCI. Work will include providing geospatial analytic support developing multi-week projects and will include verification and validation of geospatial datasets, assisting with integration of various geospatial data sources into the enterprise architecture and fusion of temporal information to enable analysis for ONI all-source and GEOINT analysis.
- Provide Geographic Information Systems (GIS) analysis and support to creating, store, manipulate, analyze, manage, and present geo-spatial data.
- Develop SOP documents for each exploitation technique, methodology or procedure including production of all applicable manuals/SOPs and train analysts on each exploitation technique and methodology developed.
- Accompany government personnel to community GEOINT-related meetings or conferences as required in order to gain insight and understanding of the latest military and civil sector GEOINT techniques under development.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5+ years of GIOINT experience or Master's Degree and less than 2+ years of GIOINT experience. Additional years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Graduated from a formal GIS or imagery analysis course provided by one of the four armed services, or the National Geospatial-Intelligence agency
- Demonstrated geospatial experience with familiarity of SIGINT databases and databases.
- 5 years of significant applied experience in a geospatial analysis field that includes the use of current GIS tools, methods of research and analysis, application of cartographic principles, or work related to cartography, geography, geographic information systems, remote sensing, physical science, mathematics, statistics, or a related discipline.
- 5 years of experience working with three or more of the following data sources: panchromatic, radar, IR, multi-spectral, hyper-spectral, LIDAR, Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) and other specialized collection systems or tactical sensor data
- Demonstrated experience using three or more of the following imagery and Geospatial information systems tools such as ESRI ArcGIS, ENVI, Socet GXP, Orchestrated Services (formerly Cedalion), National Consolidated Library (NCL), and Imagery Exploitation capability (IEC).
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Geographic Information Systems
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.