Exciting opportunity to join a team of Energy Advisors (EA) executing Hawaii Energy’s incentive programs and advisory services to businesses to accelerate the implementation of energy efficiency projects. The EA will work closely with key customers to overcome barriers to implementing energy efficiency projects. The EA will be responsible for developing customer and contractor relationships, serving as a trusted advisor to electric customers to drive the early adoption of energy efficiency and conservation measures.
• Efficiency project development with construction, design, architect and engineering firms to expand energy efficiency measure in new construction and major renovation projects
• Use past experience and existing relationships, increase the specification and installation of energy efficiency equipment for new buildings.
• Identify barriers to participation, particularly in new construction, and create new programs and services to increase engagement with the program and installation of energy efficiency equipment.
• Support building energy code (IECC) advancement and commercial building benchmarking efforts
• Provide support and innovative ideas for retail sector and multi-tenant space energy efficiency projects
• Develop positive relationships with customers and industry stakeholders.
• Seek comprehensive energy solutions for customers, creatively providing support as a trusted energy advisor.
• Coordinate and/or conduct training and educational seminars.
• Become a subject matter expert on Hawai‘i Energy’s programs, industry trends, energy efficient technologies and operational practices.
• Prioritize projects and create a roadmap for efficiency upgrades for customers.
• Provide timely, up-to-date forecasts of customers’ efficiency projects.
• Analyze energy data for individual customers and in aggregate.
• Work with customers’ engineering staff or consultants to track, measure and report energy savings.
• Occasional travel to neighbor islands and working on weekends at public events may be required.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and 2 – 4 years of relevant experience or Master’s degree with 2 years of relevant experience.
• Strong understanding and background in commercial and/or residential development and new construction.
• Basic understanding of the energy industry with the ability to become a subject matter expert.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including effectively presenting complex and/or technical information to a wide audience.
• Possess a client-first attitude and be a relentless internal client champion with demonstrated experience building and managing relationships to reach a shared objective and drive towards desired business outcomes.
• Self-starter and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Passionate about and committed to the Hawai‘i Energy mission and our goals.
• Valid driver’s license and vehicle to meet with customers and conduct site visits as required.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering or related sciences field
• Experience with energy model and simulation development
• CEM, LEED AP, or other energy and sustainability certifications.
• Skilled with Microsoft Excel worksheets and pivot tables.
• Skilled with using Salesforce for customer relation management reporting.
• Experience in data analytics and reporting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
About Hawai‘i Energy
Hawai‘i Energy is a ratepayer-funded energy program under contract with the Hawai‘i Public Utilities Commission. We help educate island families and businesses about the many and lasting benefits of energy efficiency and conservation. Hawai‘i Energy encourages and rewards smart energy decisions which will allow our state to reach 100% clean energy faster and cheaper. To date, we have saved the people of Hawai‘i more than a billion dollars off their energy bills. Named by Hawai‘i Business Magazine as one of the “Best Places to Work 2018,2019, and 2020,” we are looking for someone to join our team in driving energy initiatives which have immediate and local impact, and leave a legacy of sustainability for generations to come
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.