The Leidos NISC IV team is seeking a Project Scheduler/Analyst to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team. The position will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Eastern Service Area (ESA) NISC support team with the goal of providing outstanding customer service to FAA customers receiving NISC services throughout the eastern service area. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the NISC IV mission. The NISC IV contract provides technical and scheduling support for projects, to include; towers, buildings and other large facilities.
The applicant will provide project administration and data analysis support for program/project management activities related to the implementation of assigned projects. The chosen applicant will provide assistance and recommendations to managers and staff who directly affect the conduct and attainment of goals. Using software like Primavera OR Microsoft Project, Microsoft EXCEL, the selected candidate will assist clients and end users in the utilization of existing systems, programs, reports and procedures. The employee will support the various program areas by participating in impromptu and monthly program team meetings and national/regional telcons. Additional support includes the preparation of written documents and providing input on written correspondence. The selected candidate must have excellent customer service skills necessary to interact with senior level management and internal and external customers, as well as foster an environment of cooperation between different departments and co-workers.
Usually requires BA or BS degree and 4 to 8 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 2 to 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Assist in setting up tasks and sub tasks to ensure proper recognition of project requirements as scheduled.
- Record project time-lines and maintain database of tasks and respective status.
- Record all new information into database and provide scheduled reports for coordination.
- Interact with stakeholders to update detailed schedules, cost information and identification of variances from original plan.
- Evaluate project schedule progress, performance and identify developing problem areas.
- Support project management team to maintain timely and effective change management processes, procedures and systems.
- Assist project team to develop and maintain periodic status reports to keep management informed on project progress.
- Highlight slipped schedules and critical path impacts.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in project management support specifically project management including design and construction of facilities and infrastructure.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in scheduling projects using an industry accepted scheduling tool. (Primavera OR Microsoft Project, etc.).
- Minimum 4 years of experience in developing resource loaded project schedules.
- Communications: must accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing, prepare and conduct effective technical presentations, provide thorough project monitoring and reporting, and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers and management levels.
- Computer Applications: Proficient in applying MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management applications, and know how to use the Internet as a data gathering and communicating tool.
- Administrative: Provides organized documentation, and has an awareness of general documentation systems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Project Management experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience working a Corporate Management System (similar to the FAA’s CWP).
- FAA project management experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:1000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.