Leidos is seeking an experienced candidate to join our Hawai‘i Energy program on the business team as the Honolulu County Manager. This role will lead the Honolulu-based team of business program Energy Advisors in reaching out to commercial businesses to deliver reliable and trusted energy efficiency project support. The team will provide innovative solutions to reduce energy consumption, assistance in calculating and presenting the financial case for investing in energy efficiency, and administration of Hawai‘i Energy rebates for businesses.
• Lead the Honolulu-based Energy Advisor team and provide support to the team in the areas of team effectiveness, setting and achieving annual goals, and establishing key relationships.
• Spend time with advisors to understand the project pipeline for Honolulu County and help remove barriers to accelerate project implementation. Maintain accurate Honolulu business rebate forecasts, including customer and market trends. Track team projects and report updates.
• Lead and manage the midstream program which provides instant rebates to distributors mainly in lighting. Oversee the process, ensure timely and prompt processing and payment of vendors. Work on expanding the program to other technologies beyond lighting.
• Track and report progress on team and annual goals and activities in clear presentations to internal, external, and client stakeholders.
• Seek comprehensive energy solutions for customers in assigned sectors, creatively providing support as a trusted energy advisor.
• Work with outside experts to develop technical expertise that will directly serve local customer needs
• Develop positive relationships with contractors, customers and industry stakeholders to identify project opportunities, to keep current and demonstrate knowledge of operational trends, energy efficiency technologies, and practices and regulations in electric demand side management.
• Coordinate support for software systems utilized by contractors and colleagues
• Continuously improve programs, policies and procedures, for clarity and streamlined support
• Become a subject matter expert on business programs, industry trends, energy efficient technologies and operational practices in electric demand side management
• Occasional travel to neighbor islands and working on weekends at public events may be required
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education, skills and experience requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Environmental or Sustainability Sciences, or Architecture. Other relevant degree focus may be considered.
• 4+ years of experience in sales, project management, program administration or related fields
• Strong organization and time management skills and the ability to prioritize
• Outstanding analytical, writing, and communication skills; excellent interpersonal and management skills; strong problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
• 2-4 years of experience with sustainability or energy efficiency programs with the demonstrated capacity to understand technical aspects of energy efficiency measures.
• Building or system design experience including relevant codes is a plus (e.g. 2015 IECC, Title 24, etc.)
• Flexible and available to work occasionally on weekend assignments (i.e. support community events)
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Access and Outlook required; Experience with Salesforce a plus
• Have a passion for Hawai‘i Energy’s mission
• Master’s degree
• Possess a high degree of initiative
• Budgeting, planning and forecasting experience
About Hawai‘i Energy
Hawai‘i Energy is a ratepayer-funded energy program under contract with the Hawai‘i Public Utilities Commission. We help educate island families and businesses about the many and lasting benefits of energy efficiency and conservation. Hawai‘i Energy encourages and rewards smart energy decisions which will allow our state to reach 100% clean energy faster and cheaper. To date, we have saved the people of Hawai‘i more than a billion dollars off their energy bills. Named by Hawai‘i Business Magazine as one of the “Best Places to Work 2018, 2019, and 2020,” we are looking for someone to join our team in driving energy initiatives which have immediate and local impact, and leave a legacy of sustainability for generations to come
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.