Leidos is searching for a System Architect supporting our team at the Capital Region Readiness Center (CRRC), Martinsburg, WV to support the IOSS contract. This position is on site, no remote work.
Are you ready to join the mission to innovate and modernize how we support our nation’s Veterans around the globe with world-class technology? The BEST and BRIGHTEST come to #TeamLeidos, where we take pride in making a difference with every key stroke! You will enjoy great benefits, excellent PTO packages, 10 Paid Federal Holidays, Flexible Schedules, Unlimited Education/Certification Opportunities and Training Support, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Disability Leave, Safe Work Environments AND an incredible internal/external referral bonus program that rewards you for knowing and sharing great talent with us!! Interested in obtaining a government Security Clearance and not sure where to get started? We can help!
Transforming IT for Veterans Affairs with Infrastructure Operations Services Support (IOSS):
Leidos is transforming the way IT is consumed and delivered within the Department of Veterans Affairs IOSS program, a leading-edge Infrastructure Modernization Program fully entrenched in DevSecOps. Our mission is to provide world-class services to our Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, accessible and cost-effective information technology systems. IOSS provides infrastructure support for Veteran-facing applications that enable efficient delivery of all benefits offered to our United States Veterans.
We are seeking a System Architect to support an existing system, and provide the structure and guidance to adopt new technologies for a system agnostic platform approach. The candidate will work with other customer groups and application service providers to develop optimized solutions. The ideal candidate possesses hands-on IT systems architecture experience and seeks to grow their skills.
The candidate needs to take all factors of a network into consideration, such as functional requirements, technical considerations, business processes, and end users. Individual will create a wide variety of IT system architectures that are beneficial and can be implemented.
- Develop and review architectural documentation
- Incorporate enterprise services for authentication, access control, centralized auditing, monitoring, and security classification into mission applications
- Review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations for best practices
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems
- Architecture Definition, Documentation and Planning
- Enterprise Integration Services
- Perform requirements analysis, development, and management
- Engineer strategies for new technologies and infrastructure processes
- Design and develop solutions to applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns
- Analyze data processing problems
- Provide use case definitions, capability roadmaps, and overarching guidance
- Data and component modeling of customized information technology solutions
- Systems management and integration functions
- Provide Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) that includes governance issues, as well as software deployments.
- Recommend software products and other solutions to the customer.
- Develop future technologies and architectural advancements
- Service Portfolio Management
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Interpersonal skills
- Experience with managing a team
- Technical appreciation of online architecture, network exploitation, server configurations, and data centers.
- Highly motivated to learn new technology.
- Experienced in data and component modeling of customized information technology solutions
- Understanding of encryption and encryption methodologies
- Project management and communication
- Understand the relationship between applications, operating systems, hardware and software
- Experience in total system design, including networks
- Process improvement experience
- Prior experience reading and developing solutions to customer requirements
- Knowledge of security principles, polices and regulations
- Experience leading a team is preferred
- Common network protocols and services (TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, DNS, etc.)
- Network routing and firewalls.
- Storage protocols (Fiber Channel, Fiber Channel over Ethernet, iSCSI)
- Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016, 2019
- Monitoring software with SolarWinds
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required with 5 years of experience. 13 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with ability to obtain public trust
- Monitoring software experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.