Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Our Transportation Solutions Operation delivers cutting-edge research in some of the most exciting technological fields and advances state-of-the-practice solutions in transportation safety. A new era of mobility requires specialized expertise to address paradigm shifts in how we travel and move goods.
We support our customers with:
- Connected and Automated Vehicles
- Aircraft Traffic Planning and Operations
- Human Factors Research
- Analysis, Modeling and Simulation
- Transportation Safety and Operations, and Asset Management
- e-Construction and Accelerated Construction
- Freight Efficiency
- Research Facility Management
This position, within the Leidos – Civil, Transportation Solutions line of business and staffed in Gaithersburg, MD is within the Hardware Engineering/Maintenance Implementation Engineering organization.
The position will support the design and development of the ERAM program, which supports the FAA’s NextGen mission for advancing Air Traffic Control systems.
Candidate will provide support to the ERAM/DataComm Hardware Engineering team in the prototyping and design of the ERAM hardware system. Will be responsible for performing design and development engineering assignments related to hardware products and systems which includes the development of new products and/or updates to existing products. Requires basic knowledge of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of narrow technical domain. Solves simple, routine technical problems following established procedures and policies.
Duties may include:
- Providing direct support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication and providing design information to drafting for packaging documentation.
- Supports product selection trade studies, development of System Bill Of Materials, Rack and Console builds, CAD drawing updates, Cable Marking Specifications and the creation of Retrofit Installation Instructions.
- Support level duties may include activities such as design, testing, check-out, modification, fabrication, and assembly of devices or equipment. May be responsible for establishing and conducting testing routines, developing or executing project plans, budgets, schedules, and documentation of work and results.
- Supporting tasks involving performing system fault analysis, life cycle maintenance and integrated product support (IPS) of major systems.
- Participate in design reviews and provide recommendations for sparing.
- Develop/update life cycle management processes for new and existing systems.
- Work with the Leidos sites to repair and replenish fielded equipment and develop field failure metrics to determine and mitigate failure trends.
- Other duties will include supporting the engineering change process and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in related engineering discipline, or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Your GPA needs to be included on your application and resume.
- Strong Communication and Experience working with Microsoft Office is required (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Candidates having experience in AutoCAD, Solidworks, Inventor, VISIO, or CAD software tools is a plus.
- Experience in electronic systems sustainment strategies, Maintenance Planning and Development.
- Desirable to have familiarity with Materiel Release, Equipment Fielding, and Transfer, Integrated Product Support
- Communicates with peers to explain facts, basic analysis, processes and practices related to this area.
US Citizenship Requirements
- Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:N/A
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Hardware Development
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.