Leidos has an opening for a Windows Server Administrator . This opening is a will support our program that is being deployed to Army installations in CONUS, AK, HI and PR. Our home base is in Edgewood MD which houses the program team, warehouse operations, system integration lab, 24x7 Help Desk operation, engineering center and full-scale replicas of Access Control Systems (ACS) for installations to include ACP/Lanes and the Visitor Control Center.
Responsible for building, integrating, testing, and coordination for Enterprise levels software applications supporting the deployment of systems to the individual Army installations. The responsibility includes taking direction and tasking from the Enterprise Software Applications Manager to implement the various software related configuration, build, remediation and deployment tasking’s.
Primary duties include:
- Build , integrate and support deployment of systems to Army Installations.
- Provide support as a Help Desk Tier 2 SME when requested to resolve complex software and application issues in the field or in the system lab.
- Responsible for completing server builds to ensure deadlines are met and status is provided to AIE Enterprise Senior Software Specialist, Enterprise Software Application Manager and the DPM for Cyber & Enterprise Operations.
- Responsible for the assigned workspace for the build team to keep it neat, orderly and laid out to support the efforts.
- Must follow standardized build procedures, and maintain documentation for build processes.
- Responsible to for safe storage and use of images for the various system components.
- Provide updates to the Help Desk Tier 1 personnel on the status of trouble tickets that are assigned.
- Takes technical guidance and instruction from the Enterprise Senior Software Staff.
- Generate various reports as needed.
- Must be a US Citizen and possess or be eligible for a Secret clearance.
- Must have a BS degree in Computer Information Systems, Cyber Security, IT Project Management, IFSM, Business Administration or related field. Work experience and Microsoft certifications maybe substituted for college degree.
- Must have a desire to learn and work within a team environment and have at least 4 years of experience to include experience and knowledge of large IT programs, and customer care operations ability to work firsthand with customers.
- Experience in handing PII for commercial and Government customers
- Ability to travel to Army installations 10% of the time
Experience and Certifications:
- Must Obtain Security +CE within 60 days of hire
- Windows Server 2012/2016 build and configuration experience
- SQL Server Configuration 2014/2016/2017 experience.
- Experience with Active Directory: users, groups, privileges, group policies, site configuration, etc..
- Hands-on experience with Windows Clustering
- Basic knowledge and understanding of TCPIP and fundamental networking
- Hands-on experience with Server Hardware Configuration
- Hands-on experience with Server Backup and Recovery procedures
- Hands-on experience with Patching, scanning and STIG compliance of servers
- Current Security + CE or other Government accepted security certification Familiarity with Secure Host Baseline and Imaging
- Familiar with SCAP tools
- Familiar with SQL Queries
- VMWare or Cloud Computing.
These positions are “hands-on” positions working as part of a team at our Lakeside facility in Edgewood MD.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Specialist
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.