Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer who is a Subject Matter Expert supporting the Future Flight Services Program (FFSP) Automated Call Director (ACD) and Voice Communication Switch (VCS) which supports the 24x7x365 operations in a complex, multi-platform environment. FFSP supports the general aviation pilots’ safety flight briefings, including, search & rescue activities, ground to ground, and air to ground communications systems.
Key areas of responsibility include the following: Voice Communications / VOIP, network technology, and Automated Call Director.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for a wide range of highly technical network activities across multiple disciplines requiring a highly diverse background in all aspects of ACD and VCS management and support.
Senior Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
• Provide technical analysis and research in planning, engineering, design and implementations.
• Directly coordinate & communicate with program and FAA personnel in the ongoing design, support and maintenance of the FFSP Architecture
• Perform Subject Matter Expert rapid analysis and remediation on FFSP Operational issues arising in day-to-day operations supporting the Flight Service 24x7x365 environments.
• Perform Subject Matter Expert rapid analysis and remediation on FFSP lab issues arising in day-to-day operations supporting the Flight Service 24x7x365 Development environments.
• Provide analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to problems.
• Implement new hardware into production computer rooms, complete activities that can’t be done during first and mid-shifts to minimize risks associated with equipment changes and implementations in active production FFSP operational computer rooms.
• Evaluate risk associated with planned implementations processes, monitors associated risks and communicates changing risk assessments while performing implementation activities in the event of abnormal system feedback.
• Coordinate third-party maintenance for ACD and VCS equipment and troubleshoot problems as needed.
• Provide after-hours support
• Work independently to resolve reported issues
• Must be willing to work variable shift work supporting maintenance windows 10:00pm to 6:00am for implementation of changes to the FFSP lab and Operational systems
• Work independently after hours supporting Maintenance Window hardware installations on third shift for the installation and support of hardware in production operations for the FFSP lab and Operations equipment
• Research ongoing updates for ACD and VCS equipment and submit recommendations for final review by the FFSP Change Control Board
• Create implementation plans/technical solutions for approved Change Requests, coordinate implementation activities with other support areas, and implement planned changes to production environments
• Work as part of a larger team of Subject Matter Experts to affect repairs to all automation equipment within the facility and within the FFSP enterprise
• Requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience in full life cycle systems engineering approaches
• Strong understanding of the Aspect Call Director system
• Strong understanding of Voice Communication Switch systems
• Experience with telephony / ACDs
• Experience and/or knowledge of Flight Services and aviation / air traffic control systems
• Aspect Unified-IP
• Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
• Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) – Nuance
• Text-to-speech (TTS)
• IVR CXP language
• IVR M3 language
• Business Objects / Business Views
• Crystal Reports
• NICE voice recording
• NICE Work Force Manager (WFM)
Must: Be US Citizen
Be able to pass an Public Trust investigation from the FAA customer
Be able to support emergency and off hours support
Be able to support variable daily work hours
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.