System Integration & Test Engineer
Leidos is seeking an Integration & Test Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team who will be working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s Enterprise-Information Display System (E-IDS) which will replace the legacy IDSs with an enterprise system providing a single NAS baseline with a single logistics pipeline, reduced training needs, and national configuration management, leading to long-term operations and maintenance cost savings. There are five IDS currently in use at just over 450 Air Traffic Control (ATC) facilities with approximately 5,000 IDS-equipped operating positions. There are additional locations where IDS equipment is installed for remote communications, which will also be replaced. E-IDS will allow users to work efficiently by providing timely display and correlation of relevant operational information (e.g. maps, weather, and aeronautical features) simultaneously on an integrated geospatial display. E-IDS will provide each user access to enterprise-level information coupled with efficient, consistent, easy-to-use filtering, sorting and searching capabilities and quick reference information.
System Integration & Test Engineer Responsibilities:
• Working both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will:
• Primary responsibility will be systems and SW integration in support of execution of Development Test (DT) Formal Test on the E-IDS program.
• Be able to integrate systems with minimal oversight
• Interface with E-IDS software and system engineering teams as well as lab management team in support of installation and integration efforts
• Support meetings with FAA customer to address/answer questions relating to your assigned test area
• Develop and maintain test approach and procedures for use in Formal Test with minimal oversight
• Support analysis of identified issues in conjunction with System Engineering and Software in regards to developing solutions
• Support test and requirement verification & validation
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Requires BS degree or equivalent experience and 2 – 4 years prior relevant experience.
• Excellent written/verbal skills with the ability to interpret and author well-formed documents.
• Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer
• US Citizenship is required.
• Be able to support travel 10% of the time
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.