Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Leidos Civil Treasury team is recruiting for an Emerging Threats Team Lead (ETTL). The Emerging Threats Team Lead will provide leadership and guidance for a cybersecurity team in support of a large government SOC. The team is responsible for maintaining computer and information security incident, damage and threat assessment programs. CSIRC ETT performs third tier advanced cyber threat intelligence, malware analysis, and network forensics capabilities. The ETTL will be part of a fast-paced, high-functioning SOC team performing critical work for an important customer organization.
- Responsibilities include maintaining computer and information security incidents, and damage and threat assessment programs.
Specific duties include:
- Investigate computer and information security incidents to determine extent of compromise to information and automated information systems. Provide computer forensic and intrusion support to high technology investigations in the form of computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and network assessments;
- Research and maintain proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding and network security and encryption;
- As needed, design, develop, or recommend integrated system solutions, ensuring proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected; Participate with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs. Configure and validate secure systems, and test security products/systems to detect computer and information security weaknesses;
- Resolve highly complex and multi-dimensional problems that require consideration of variables that impact multiple aspects of the project/program;
- Lead the development of highly innovative products/solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts in the field;
- Communicate with senior executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of strategic importance to the organization/ project. Negotiate and generate compromises to convince internal and external parties to accept concepts, practices and approaches of the area;
- Define protocols and mature ‘playbooks’ of operational response to cyber threats. Respond to cyber incidents, including IR phone calls and emails, and prepare situational awareness reports for contractor and customer management;
- Direct team acting as main investigators for potential incidents identified by SOC analysts. Investigate phishing and self-identified potential cyber threats (phishing emails sent to the CIRT). Work with users to analyze, triage, contain, and remediate security incidents. Track incident managements thoroughly. Communicate with end users and senior CIO officials effectively;
- Participate regularly in SOC working group sessions. Support generation of new content rules for security alerting and reduction of false positives;
- Manage and respond to computer security incidents that involve enterprise systems and data (including personally identifiable information (PII) breaches);
- Detect, collect and report cybersecurity incidents.
- Improve the overall security posture through independent verification of the security of enterprise systems. Ensure timely dissemination of security information to the appropriate stakeholders;
- Analyze firewall logs, Full Packet Capture (PCAP), IDS alerts, Anti-malware alerts, Host Intrusion Prevent System (HIPS), and server and application logs to investigate events and incidents for anomalous activity and produce reports of findings; and
- Conduct reviews and analysis of proxy logs, Microsoft Windows and Active Directory logs, and Orchestrator.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading teams and 12 years of progressively responsible experience working in a SOC;
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security, or related field, or equivalent experience;
Ability to perform deep dive investigations from start to finish of a security incident using data from both host based and network based devices
- Experience documenting and tracking incident tickets through standard operating procedures and incident management systems;
- Experience driving root cause analysis and feedback loops with other technical teams to increase protection/detection capabilities;
- Experience detecting and remediate malicious codes;
- Solid understanding of cyber landscape and typical threat vectors;
- Experience with multiple types of attack types and attack vectors;
- Requires highest knowledge and mastery of highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts. Viewed as a subject matter expert and within the field by peers within and outside the organization;
- Available as-needed on nights and weekends for on-call rotation for SOC escalation;
- Must have at least one of the following or a comparable certification
- CERT Certified Computer Security Incident Handler
- ECC CEH (Electronic Commerce Council Certified Ethical Hacker)
- GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler)
- GISF (GIAC Information Security Fundamentals)
- CISSP (ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional)
- SCNP (Security Certified Network Professional)
- SCNA (Security Certified Network Architect); and
- Must be US Citizen or Green card holder
- Minimum fully adjudicated Secret and Interim Top Secret clearance
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.