The Leidos Spatial Solutions team has an opening for an experienced Back End developer to modify existing GOTS code and integrate open source software solutions for display and analysis within Aeronautical Production Systems.
You will work on an agile team with other developers completing full stack tickets, and use React for the frontend and Node.js for the backend within a Postgres database architecture. You will also be able to help test and merge in other teammates’ tickets, as well as give ideas/ input to improve our system. Other responsibilities will include attending daily standups with the team as well as working closely with our customer to ensure that we are on track for what their requirements are and be flexible in case those requirements change.
- This role performs software systems development, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for software enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products.
- Participate in peer reviews and unit testing, and must be adaptable to different responsibilities.
- Duties include software requirements analysis, development of software products.
- This role is responsible for identifying software and hardware dependencies and capacities.
- Requires BS degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or 2 years of related experience; OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experience in either software development projects or software integration projects in a service-oriented environment (Cloud, SOA, Web-Services) or virtualization environment.
- At least 1 year of experience with unit testing, continuous integration tools, and git version control
- Must currently possess an active Top Secret clearance, with ability to obtain SCI post hire
- At least 1 years of experience with Linux and/or Windows system administration
- At least 1 years of experience with DoD Aeronautical Datasets
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS cloud formation templates
- At least 1 year of experience with Node, NPM, Swashbuckle, REST API, Sass, Redux, React, .NET, PostgreSQL, Entity, Visual Studio and familiarity with JSON APIs
- At least 1 year of experience with configuration management tools
- AWS Solutions or DevOps certification
- Team Collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.