The Leidos Corporation is seeking a Desktop Windows Packaging Engineer for the NEST program. NEST is an IT
Services program supporting customers within NASA. The program provides a range of managed IT
services, including Windows, Mac, and Linux workstation engineering and maintenance, Exchange/Office
365 engineering and support, service desk, desk side support, managed print services, ITSM, Active
Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
As a Windows Packaging Engineer Engineer, the candidate will be responsible for generating and validating installation packages for Windows 10 systems. The candidate will use Windows System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to generate a wide range of packages to support the NASA end-user environment. The candidate will work with NEST Team members, vendors, other NEST contract partners, and end users to obtain the software and prepare them for distribution via SCCM and SCCM Software Center. The candidate will be expected to have a knowledge of Windows execution packages (e.g., .msi, .exe), SCCM packaging tools and basic scripts (e.g., PowerShell) to provide required packaging customizations. The work associated with this position provides a key service to the NASA end-user community and provides the candidate with the tools to grow into other areas in the NASA NEST program.
The candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required.
- Develop and support Windows packages for the NASA NEST Windows 10 environment
- Partner with NEST Team members from Mac and Red hat Teams to produce consistent packaging solutions for the various platforms
- Partner with NASA end users, other NASA contract providers and vendors to obtain the software required for packaging.
- Communicate with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members to identify tool and process improvements to increase the efficiency of the Windows package generation and deployment efforts.
- Administrative knowledge of Windows 10
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SCCM operation and packaging
- Windows scripting tools (e.g., PowerShell)
- Desktop Support and Troubleshooting Experience (Windows, macOS, and Linux)
- Experience with Application Packaging and Deployment
- Very good communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong documentation skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
- US Citizenship
- Experience in delivering and operating IT solutions in a large enterprise
- Experience using ITSM systems (ServiceNow or Remedy)
- Past experience with NASA, Department of Defense, Department of Justice, or other Government organizations
Education Requirements: High School Degree and 5 years of experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Computer Operations
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.