Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a PeopleSoft Developer who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
Leidos is looking for a PeopleSoft Developer to join our team, provide technical development and PeopleSoft expertise in support of large IT projects for our utilities customer. The PeopleSoft Developer will analyze, develop, deploy and implement new solutions using the latest PeopleSoft technologies to achieve program goals and business results. Successful candidates will have significant development or architectural experience creating and maintaining applications through all stages of the software release life cycle and will make recommendations for developing and integrating new requirements and capability enhancements. The ability to perform configuration, coding, testing, and implementation tasks while meeting deadlines must be demonstrated. This candidate must have the ability to work collaboratively with teams and effectively interact with Project Manager, Lead Technical Analysts, Technical developers and Business team.
Location: Looking for someone in the New Orleans, LA, Little Rock, AR or The Woodlands, TX area. Role is currently remote, however once COVID restrictions loosen candidate may be expected to report to the office/client site.
- Provides research, analysis and recommendations when new functional business processes or software upgrades are needed and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of business strategy and operations.
- Writes technical specifications, configures, customizes, builds and tests PeopleSoft configuration and customizations.
- Integrates PeopleSoft application software over data management systems and supporting components and services.
- Troubleshoots operational and systems issues ranging from difficult to highly complex, including problems with multiple solutions and potential significant consequences.
- Ensures performance optimization.
- Works in coordination and collaboration with other information technology (IT) staff to develop and implement or recommend the implementation of appropriate solutions to complex problems.
Required Education & Experience:
- 3+ years of development experience with PeopleSoft Technology
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree (Computer Science or Engineering preferred)
- Software development using several of the following PeopleTools 8.5 (or greater)
- PeopleCode, Application Designer, Application Engine, Integration Broker, Component Interface, Fluid Pages, SQL scripts, Data Mover, Data Migration Workbench, PeopleCode event triggers, application packages, SQR
- Experience with a number of PeopleSoft finance modules: AR, AP (must have), GL
- Strong SQL knowledge; able to write and read complex SQL
- Experience with enterprise-wide PeopleSoft environments involving multiple component interfaces
- Excellent communication skills for customer interaction a must
- Working knowledge of agile and waterfall development methodologies
- Strong ability to set and meet functional team deadlines while maintaining an even disposition under pressure
- Public sector Experience with a Utility or Energy Based company
- Strong knowledge of systems development and project management methodologies/processes
- Configuring integration broker
- Creating test cases
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.