Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a senior Graphics Software Developer, supporting multiple US Navy programs located in Bethesda MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
This position develops software as part of the team creating three dimensional graphics systems including a submarine periscope simulation, a submarine bridge simulation, and a ship weapons simulation. This cutting edge visual simulation is used in a variety of naval training and simulation systems, utilized throughout the US Navy. All software is developed in a Linux environment, and written in C++ and OpenGL, utilizing various software packages. Software development will include designing, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and verification and validation testing. This position develops sophisticated, real-time software to enhance the fidelity of the visual simulation. This position will lead and mentor junior developers, and will assist in formulating the technical directions for the simulation. Work will include the development of new code and the maintenance and extension of existing code. A background in physics or mathematics is useful to implement physics-based enhancements, such as ocean wave models.
Travel may be required to trainer sites, including Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA, that will not exceed 10% of the job.
BS in Computer Science or 3D Graphics Programming, or equivalent experience.
• Must have 8+ years of experience developing applications in modern versions of C++ (v14 and later).
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position.
• 4+ years experience in game programming, graphics development, physics-based modeling or visual simulation systems
• 2+ years experience with latest OpenGL/GLSL/Vulkan
• Ability to adhere to identified coding standards
• Experience working with version control systems like git and mercurial
• Strong knowledge of data structures
• Requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
• 8+ years experience in game programming, graphics development, physics-based modeling or visual simulation systems
• 2+ years experience with development in Unreal Engine 4
• Software development experience within a Unix/Linux environment
• Experience with OpenSceneGraph
• Knowledge of graphics hardware and GPU internals
• Experience with developing for Virtual Reality headsets
• Exposure to 3DS Max, Maya, Photoshop, or similar modeling tools
• Experience with high performance computing
• Active DoD Secret clearance
• A code portfolio is preferable for demonstration of previous, or self-started projects, ex: GitHub
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.